maxdancona

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 10:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I said there was a lot in common between ColdJoint and the Islamic terrorists. And, as I pointed out, there is a lot in common between ColdJoint and the Islamic terrorists. This doesn't mean they have everything in common. I never accused ColdJoint of killing people.

But I am pointing out the the hatred is the same, and the uncompromising nature of his rhetoric is the same.

Quote:
Where did you come up with the notion that coldjoint wants to "stamp out" ethnic groups?

Are you ******* kidding? Hell, if it isn't already painfully clear, let's ask him.

HEY COLDJOINT!

What would you think about stamping out Islam?

LvB

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:03 pm
@oralloy,
linda be praised!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
BTW - Where did you come up with the notion that coldjoint wants to "stamp out" ethnic groups?

It is what she reads into my posts. She is arrogant enough to assume that because I object to Islam I am a violent racist/bigot. Her mind has been conditioned to respond that way.

She thinks that what is different has to be just as good. That is where the thinking stops. Certainly we all know enough about Islam to say it is NOWHERE near as good. In fact the world knows unequivocally that Islam is the most violent thing going.

I am sorry that the actions and doctrine of this religion/ideology concerns me. But it does not make me a terrorist, just someone willing to admit the obvious.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Cool!

Not really.

It might be minor damage, but it still harms A2K when the tag system is not able to accurately classify threads into topics.

Also, making anonymous malicious attacks on other people is a really scuzzy thing to do.
coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Also, making anonymous malicious attacks on other people is a really scuzzy thing to do.

Of course it is cool to her. She is predictable as the day is long.
oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:13 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Of course it is cool to her. She is predictable as the day is long.

I think Max is a he.
coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think Max is a he.

Oh Oh I am sexist now! He sounds like a woman.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:22 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I said there was a lot in common between ColdJoint and the Islamic terrorists. And, as I pointed out, there is a lot in common between ColdJoint and the Islamic terrorists. This doesn't mean they have everything in common. I never accused ColdJoint of killing people.

But I am pointing out the the hatred is the same, and the uncompromising nature of his rhetoric is the same.

Quote:
Where did you come up with the notion that coldjoint wants to "stamp out" ethnic groups?

Are you ******* kidding? Hell, if it isn't already painfully clear, let's ask him.

HEY COLDJOINT!

What would you think about stamping out Islam?

Oh please.

Whatever you think of his positions, if you don't contend he would kill anyone to advance them, then comparisons to terrorists is, at best, specious.

It's not as if you didn't think there were non-terrorist Islamic fundamentalists.

Perhaps cj is for "stamping out" Islam, but this is, clearly, not the equivalent of stamping out ethnic groups.

You've made the leap from abhorrence of Islam to the erradication of Muslims. I don't think I've ever seen cj suggest the latter.

For the record, I don't, at all, abhor Islam; in fact I respect it, but I am not about to accept conflation of abhorrence for Islam with a desire to erradicate ethnic groups (let alone Muslims).

But let's assume cj is the mindlessly violent bigot you think him to be. Do you get off on easy shots? Do you, like so many of your felllow progressives, thus feel superior?

0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:25 pm
Finn,

I really don't understand why you defend these people. Your political opinions are very different than mine, but I consider them, for the most part, to be within the bounds of reasonable. I don't believe I have ever accused you of either being bigoted or extreme, and from my interactions I don't think of you that way.

Gunga and ColdJoint are well outside of the bounds of reason. They will be considered that way by most of mainstream America.

Just as political strategy, it is in your interest to separate yourself from them. They represent an ugly part of conservatism. It is in my advantage (as calculated political strategy) to try to associate all of conservatism with these most extreme, hateful examples. If you are going to embrace them, then it I don't even have to make any effort to do this.

It is a good thing for you to make the argument that conservatism isn't racist or extremist. But don't expect me, as the opposition, to make this argument for you. But if you want to make this argument in a sincere way, you need to put distance between you and these people.

There are crazy, extreme and bigoted people on the left. The difference is that you don't see me embracing or defending them.

I am not going to argue this very hard. I am just trying to give some friendly advice. Gunga and ColdJoint do nothing to help the reasoned political position you try to take elsewhere, in fact they damage it.
coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Gunga and ColdJoint are well outside of the bounds of reason. They will be considered that way by most of mainstream America.

You, young man, have been emasculated and so has mainstream America.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Finn,

I really don't understand why you defend these people. Your political opinions are very different than mine, but I consider them, for the most part, to be within the bounds of reasonable. I don't believe I have ever accused you of either being bigoted or extreme, and from my interactions I don't think of you that way.

Just as political strategy, it is in your interest to separate yourself from them. They represent an ugly part of conservatism.

It is a good thing for you to make the argument that conservatism isn't racist or extremist. But don't expect me, as the opposition, to make this argument for you. But if you want to make this argument in a sincere way, you need to put distance between you and these people.

There are crazy, extreme and bigoted people on the left. The difference is that you don't see me embracing or defending them.

You don't understand that I am not defending "these people"; but that I am defending rationality.

I'm not interested in political strategy, but rather the truth and this is why I've challenged you.

Frankly, I'm not looking for you to grant my arguments with sincerity.

maxdancona

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 09:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well Finn... If you are looking for truth, it is an awfully partisan truth. I have never seen you challenge a conservative point, no matter how irrational a point it was

I have challenged JTT (who I consider an wackjob on the left more or less the same level of crazy as ColdJoint or Gunga). I don't bother now bumping heads with JTT... but I sure as hell am not going to defend his craziness if someone else stands up to it.

In a discussion of politics, truth is a funny word. I have friends with whom I totally disagree. One of my good friends is a Libertarian of the classical sense. He is alway talking about the Austrian school of economics. My end conclusions are very different then his as far as economics and social policy. But I think his reasoning is very good and part of the fun is poking to see where the underlying axioms differ.

But politics isn't about a search for truth. It is a violent sport where competing viewpoints class in a sometimes dirty contest with very high odds. This is how we run our government and decide important social policies. Whether this is good or not is rather irrelevant. It is the way we do things and it is certainly better than the alternative (which was actual war).

As far as winning politically, the correct strategy for us on the liberal side is pretty clear. The Tea Party is a very good thing for us, it is the symbol of conservatism. The correct strategy is for us to convince Americans that the Tea Party is a group of crazy racist extremists. Then we convince Americans that the Republicans are being controlled by the Tea Party. If we can do this, we win big electorally.

If you don't like this, well sorry, that is the way the game is played. Football players don't get to complain when they are tackled. Of course, the right does the same kind of things "liberal" was very effectively turned into a bad word using a similar strategy. And the craziest extreme examples were associated with the word "liberal". There would be no point to whining about this, that's the way the game is played.

In keeping with the season... Thank God for people like ColdJoint and Gunga.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:28 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you don't like this, well sorry, that is the way the game is played. Football players don't get to complain when they are tackled. Of course, the right does the same kind of things "liberal" was very effectively turned into a bad word using a similar strategy. And the craziest extreme examples were associated with the word "liberal". There would be no point to whining about this, that's the way the game is played.

Violence is also associated with the left and liberals. From shouting down conservative speakers, to thuggery as in intimidating voters. And following with that the character assassination of anyone who disagrees. And the fact that you have put words in my mouth about wiping out ethnic groups, just plain old lying.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:34 am
Now if anyone would like to discuss the folly of trusting Iran........
maxdancona

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
Ok ColdJoint, answer this...

Would you, or would you not, like to stamp out Islam in the US?
coldjoint

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:57 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Would you, or would you not, like to stamp out Islam in the US?

That is what is called a loaded question. Any answer would just give you another chance to add your words to it. So try putting it another way, more like what would I like to be done about Islam.
maxdancona

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
That is what is called a loaded question.

That is not a loaded question at all. It is a simple yes or no question. I accused you of wanting to stamp out Islam. Finn jumped to your defense and said you didn't want to stamp out Islam. I told Finn he was wrong to jump to your defense.

If you could answer the simple yes or no question; 'Do you want to stamp out Islam in the US?', it would really help sort things out between Finn and I.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
That is not a loaded question at all.

Yes it is. An answer of yes or no is not sufficient. Because if I say yes you would turn it into a violent purge, wouldn't you?

Finn is right you conflating other posts is due to your lack of an argument.
maxdancona

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 04:35 pm
@coldjoint,
I am not sure if you understand, ColdJoint, that I am not having this discussion with you. I am talking to Finn, who I believe is reasonable (in spite of our differences). But, I believe that Finn has a flaw in his logic. And I am using you, ColdJoint, to try to show Flinn.

You see, all you have do to is say something reasonable about Muslims, and I will be forced to admit that Finn is right. If you say that peaceful Muslims have the right to live decent lives in a free society, that would do it. Or even if you could say that you don't want to stamp out Muslims, I would graciously admit that I stepped out of bounds in my harsh criticism of you as a hate-filled bigot.

But as of yet, you haven't said anything to prove me wrong. I say this not to you, ColdJoint, but rather to Finn in the hope that he might realize his defense of your idiocy is not a rational position.
oralloy

Wed 27 Nov, 2013 04:46 pm
@maxdancona,

There are two problems here.

The first problem is that Muslims like to slaughter innocent people.

The second problem is that Liberals like it when innocent Americans are slaughtered.

These problems combine, which results in Liberals justifying the slaughter of innocent Americans by Muslims.