Google Search Results

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 07:51 pm
whenever i use my google toolbar in IE to search for something, always in the results there is 4 sites in the search results with the URLs www.hypertracker.com, www.browservillage.com,www.2020search.com and service.bfast.com after them i actually see sites having something to do with me search. Why are they showin up as results for everything i try to search for usin google in IE. Can anyone help me get rid of them?

Thx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,083 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Charli

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:14 pm
You might try . . .
Welcome to A2K!

Have you tried the "Advanced Search" on Google? You would probably have to do it each time:

Key in the "offending words" - one word for each site that you don't want should do it. I.e., hypertracker, browservillage, 2020search, and bfast. Post back here and let us know if that works. Good luck!
[/color]
0 Replies

eoino

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 03:36 am
I have also the same problem with Google results. I believe that it is due to spyware. Also, an IE "SpotOn" popup window opens up with ads relevant to whatever site I visit. With the Google results, the page flickers a bit, which seems like the spyware rewrites the results page and updates the document in IE.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:17 am
Yes, it is most likely spyware, see: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21110
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:35 pm
Whatchya got there, by the symptoms you describe, is the BestSearch variant of the CoolWebSearch hijack ... a real nasty.

See this topic

And this topic.

The puppy can be removed from your machine, but its likely to take a bit more than a few key clicks.
0 Replies

eoino

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 05:08 pm
Nice one! I completed the steps in that second (more general) topic, and IE seems to be working again.

Thanks.
0 Replies