Transfering Bubbled Data to Web

act180

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 09:57 am
This one is for the creative tech geniuses out there - Does anyone know of any method/device/app that can transfer bubbled data from paper to numerical data for a customized website? I have researched online scantron technologies to Quick Response technologies. I want to be able to collect bubbled points (values 0 to 2) off a paper card carried by students and have automatically transferred to a website by either capturing the image (off smartphone??) or creating a basic barcode with the bubbles/squares to be scanned in.

I apologize if I did not explain this as clearly - I am not as tech saavy with the lingo associated with what I am trying to accomplish - but I do appreciate any/all feedback :-) Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 2
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:15 am
@act180,
What you are looking for is called "OMR" (optical mark reader) software. A google will provide several software packages that can do just that.

You need a scanner of course.
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:21 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
"OMR" (optical mark reader)

I just learned that is not quite the same thing as OCR (optical character recognition) software.
0 Replies