How to stream one window while being active in another?

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:41 am
I would like to stream a movie to watch with one of my friends, but I also want to continue working on things on my computer while it's playing. Is there a way to set up live stream so that it captures just what's happening in the video player while I write in a text document or edit a picture at the same time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:47 am
@markgeorge530,
Good question. I'll have to sit back and wait as well because I don't know the answer. Might be helpful.

First let me ask this quick question:

Are you referring to streaming from your computer to a TV? If you aren't streaming directly to a TV to watch the video, have you considered getting setting up an extra computer monitor? You can have one monitor display the video and the other monitor you can use browse, type, etc....
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:51 am
@tsarstepan,
Check OP other posts.

markgeorge530
A basic answer to your is the ability of your computer's multi-tasking ability depends on how advanced your computer's processors and OS.

Why do you keep asking these repeated or similar multi-streaming questions? What is the purpose of asking the same sort of questions without any clear purpose or understanding of the topic?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 08:04 am
@Ragman,
I still would like to know the answer to this particular variant on his streaming questions. They're slightly different.

Maybe his computer programmer wrote coded our OP/bot's code just to give it a special "je ne sais quoi?"
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 08:24 am
@tsarstepan,
No problem. I see how such question could have value (however insincere they might be originated).

Unfortunately, issues either caused by narrow bandwidth and/or older OS, and/or processor functionality are not always controllable by a neophyte. What is good is such questions can open up such topics for general enlightenment of the audience at large - providing, of course, fake porcine products aren't following on its heels.
0 Replies