How did you choose your screen name?

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:57 pm
Craven = "Surely thou art no craven, ghastly grim and ancient raven"

de Kere = play on 2 names, Guy de Vere and a de Kere. One from Poe and the other from Crichton.

Craven de Kere = " Craving the Cure"
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 10:29 pm
Hi Jackie!
Your as welcome as the flowers in May
(even though it ain't May)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 08:38 am
Welcome, jackie! :-D

maxsdadeo - max is a daughter and not a son? Me so confused.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:45 am
Jackie- Welcome to A2K. Happy to meet you!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:20 am
Asherman is the name I use on my writing and pictures everywhere.

Within the computer network of the City I worked for addresses were assigned by adding a persons first initial to their surname. Now my first name doesn't begin with an "A", but one of the names I use often is "Al". City employees began calling me Asherman, and it stuck.

I use names as I need them, and to fit the occassion. Most of my documents say I'm Norville Wesley Sherman, but that's not quite right. My actual surname at birth was was Cargile III. I carry the same first and middle names as my father. He was called Joe -- among many other names. I believe he did some sensitive work, or at least he could tell some pretty mysterious stories. The Truth, as they say, may possibly be found in some dusty file that will NEVER see the light of day.

What's in a name? An onion is an onion is an onion is a rose.

Just call me Asherman, or the shortened version is Ash. A couple call me Grandad -- that works.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:38 am
On Abuzz I was PFKFLYER. A friend came up with the friendlier, more feminine nickname, Piffka.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:46 am
Why does pfkflyer sound so familiar to me?....And I don't remember it from abuzz. Sounds like something from the past.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:40 am
I was tryin' to log in at the NYT (spent months lurkin', decided to join in . . .) and used the name Cuchulainn, and got a reply that i should add . . . 01, or some such nonsense. So i tried Finnmccoughal, and got the same message. In frustration, i typed "Sentanta," which, although a marginally acceptable variant, was none the less a typo. Again, the idiot program wanted me to add digits. I sent them an e-nastygram about their idiot program, and was rewarded with the reply that they had logged me in with "Sentanta." Well, i later found i could change the name, so i corrected the spelling. Coming here, i simply used a name others would recognize.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:41 am
I am Heeven.
A friend of mine called me this once and I liked it and so adopted it as my email address. This friend and I tease each other rotten and I am guessing she meant to say "heathen" and it came out sorta wrong. After some belly-laughing I asked her what insult she was trying to get across and she said that I am the devil with some angelic characteristics, so "Heeven" (a mix of Heaven and Hell) was quite appropriate!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:45 am
Hey, Bill, don't be lookin' at my Lovey's package, 'k?

Don't wanna hafta come over there (wherever the hell "there" is) an' straighten ya out . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:46 am
<sigh> [size=7]what's the point of a package if no one's looking [/size]<sigh>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:47 am
Well . . . 'k . . . so long as he just looks . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:48 am
Ha, I did, ehBeth!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:49 am
i won't tell your Ursula, if you don't tell mySetanta
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:50 am
Kinda slow eh Setanta, the "there" is "the Center of the Mind"

Come along if you care
Come along if you dare
Take a ride to the land inside of your mind
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:51 am
I heerd that . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:51 am
Yeah, but that locale ain't the same fer everone, Bill . . .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:53 am
It's just another chat room!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:54 am
[size=7]Nothing to bother, she's not in the house, ehBeth![/size]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:54 am
[size=7] ahh it was just an edit [/size]

that Walter is a tricky guy :grin:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 03:59:18