How did you choose your screen name?

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 08:35 pm
We seem to miss each other by inches each year, Rog.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 11:22 am
French being my first language I wanted a name that had the same meaning both in french and english. Also, caramel is the name of one of my two cats, so caramel it was! Smile
0 Replies

DalTheJigsaw23

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 03:31 pm
Well my name is yea
its tight
i love it
it came from i write poetry my name is leo
Dal means Da which is yes in russian then the yea
and then the jigsaw i put that beecause most of my poetry
is like a jigsaw what that means is u have to really think about my poetry its like classical William Balke and Edgar Poe style that kinda stuff u have to really think about it so yea
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 03:34 pm
You used the Russian word as a part of your nickname. Are you of Russian origin?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 04:13 pm
In the movie "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (1986), Whoopi Goldberg plays a character named Terry Doolittle. An oversimplified synopsis: Terry falls in love with Jack (Jonathan Pryce) over the Internet. I'd explain further, but a girl's gotta' have SOME secrets. Wink

It's become habit for me to use the name in spite of the fact that some friends call me Terry in place of my real name.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 09:06 am
One of my fave movies with Whoopi. Didn't know the characters last name was Doolittle tho'. Loved it when she was listening/singing along with Mick to his song ... in b flat!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 05:26 pm
I prefer the other musical number:

(Picture Whoopi imitating Ray Charles)
I want me a Jack ba ba ba ba
I want him come back ba ba ba ba
He's takin' his time ba ba ba ba
I'm bustin' my behind ba ba ba ba
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 02:54 pm
Well, even though it's a bit old, I finally found a place to explain my lame nom de plume! It's just my last name & first initial (how droll). BUT, by way of further explaination I came to a2k once upon a time looking for an answer to a trivia question! Had I known that I would find new friends I wouldn't so hastily have typed that in! Normally I use something like "auburn1" or a variation or "jayde", and a few others. If I could change the darn thing I would!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:06 pm
what do you mean how did I choosed it?
it's my own username! Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:12 pm
Laughing I love it, m.o.y.n. ! It suit you.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 04:22 pm
thank you Wink
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 08:42 pm
my initials are jd, i like music so i first picked djjd, but the board iwas joining told me i had to have a number as djjd was already in use, so i picked my birth year and the rest as they say is history
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 09:00 pm
Used to be "SoccerGeorge" on Abuzz, but I shortened it here on A2K.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 12:52 am
I've had the same username on every site for years.. My name is Serena so it just kind of.. came about.
0 Replies

pointsofview

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 06:19 pm
I've always used the same username. It depicts not only me but nearly all other forum members. The name can be as helpful as it can a hindrance. If you see the moniker used elsewhere it's most definitely me.

Looking at this thread, it appears that I'm now off to find a suitable avatar...
:wink:
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 06:29 pm
I chose the username doglover because I love dogs of the four legged variety. :wink:

I'm also doglover on another message board I post on.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 07:35 pm
Interesting how a long-dormant topic sometimes comes back into action. I just re-read this whole thread. Fascinating ... and even a couple warm-fuzzy moments, along with a couple poignant reminders of freinds gone on to other places. Anyhow, for those who may have missed it, Here's My Story. (No, in fact, that's not exactly what I had in mind) Laughing

Embarrassed Corrected Link

Well, as they say, the longest journey begins with a single step Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 07:44 pm
Timber, that link just takes me back to the top of this page.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:09 pm
So it does, MA ... my bad. Thanks for catchin' that. I think I fixed it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 03:08 am
Much better. Thank you.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 05:59:25