ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 10:41 am
:wink:

Thanks for noticin', dude!

0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 10:51 am
According to the O.E.D., debacle indicates (among other things) a break-up of ice. So when I joined Abuzz, I figgered that was as good a moniker as any for breakin' the ice, and so it floes.

Other indications include a sudden collapse or downfall, which seemed apropos as well. Although I've been momently anticipating annihilation for nigh on ninety year now, I fully expect the engagement to exact a swift and mighty rout when the horseman does overtake me at my gait.
Surprised
Shocked
Crying or Very sad
Confused
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:02 am
Mine is a nickname I've had since I was 13. I use to talk on a CB radio and that's the handle I made up for myself.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:43 am
I'm not too sure how I chose mine.... Weird.

(No, I'm NOT under the influence of powerful, illegal drugs!) Very Happy
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:47 am
Just my real name
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:03 pm
It's the original name of our city, Du Pre. When the location of the railroad stop was being decided, our town's ancestors went around telling everyone, " 'Do pray' that the railroad stop will be located here."

Today the town is called "Buda," an Americanized form of "viuda," Spanish for a female widow. Two Hispanic widows (sisters) ran the only eatery in town for years after the railroad stop was established.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:06 pm
I wanted to keep the same name that I used at Abuzz..... I originally chose this name because I thought of it as a way to sign a letter, kinda like 'sincerely yours', or 'yours truly'. Someone at Abuzz shortened it to PaL, which I really like.

Peace and Love,
Sandra

Very Happy
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:51 pm
Very easy. My real name is Daniel Steisslinger, and I use this screen name on many sites. It is also a first part of my e-mail address(es).
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 04:22 pm
Within an approximate 3-month period, I replaced a 5-year old computer with one that has all the bells and whistles, graduated into the Internet, joined Abuzz, and got my flashy 'Candy Apple Red' Mustang convertible (guess which is uppermost in importance) Laughing All passwords on various sites have something to do with that car. Have settled down to just one mainly since I'm sure no one could ever figure it out.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 04:32 pm
My name is Ursula - as a kid I used to call myself Urs. Urs was taken when I first registered somewhere - so I added my birthday. Which confused my husband who said 'you were not born in 1953...' Had to remind him of March 5...
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 06:41 pm
Mine is a kind of melding.

Neo, from the character from "The Matrix"

Guin, the sports teams of my Alma Mater are called the 'Guins.

Ergo
NeoGuin
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 07:26 pm
I am "jackie" after a dear, dear cousin. And I really don't know anymore to say. I haven't met anyone, so maybe when I do, I can reply. OK?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:04 pm
A few years back, I decided to try my hand at writing fiction. On noticing that there are thousands out there bearing my true name, I decided to use a pen name, one that would sound friendly, sunny, etc. I chose the name "Blythe" because I often recall a boyhood fascination with actress Ann Blythe. I plucked "Edgar" out of the air, because it seemed to go well with Miss Blythe's name.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:07 pm
Well, howdy, jackie, and welcome! Settle in and get comfortable. You've met us now!

timber
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
Hi, Jackie, and welcome to A2K.
Perhaps you'll tell us a bit about yourself? Eventually Smile
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:46 pm
It's actually a bit scarry taking a chance answering this question, cause it created many problems for me on abuzz, but I'll sort of answer it.
The d is the first initial of my first name.
The l is the first initial of my middle name.
The k is the first initial of my last name.
The 33 happens to be the number I used while playing basketball and softball way back when in high school and college.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:42 pm
Welcome, Jackie. Cya around the site :grin:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:44 pm
Heya jackie!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:47 pm
dlk33 wrote:
created many problems for me on abuzz

Ran into one them durned "33" Bigots over there, eh? Don't fret yerself none ... we don't cotton to them types hereabouts. Very Happy

timber
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:49 pm
Because I didn't have a daughter named Agnes.

Welcome, jackie!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 12:03:46