What's the chance of Ted Cruz becoming president?

coldjoint

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:32 pm
@JTT,
And Stockwell couldn't have motives that are anti US?
coldjoint

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:34 pm
@JTT,
Islam is not a meme. It is real and dangerous. And anything that makes people aware of that is vitally important. Your exaggerated garbage is what is a meme.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:36 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And Stockwell couldn't have motives that are anti US?

You haven't read a thing, you ignorant little putz.

Quote:
Everything I'm going to talk to you about is represented, one way or another, already in the public records. You can dig it all out for yourselves, without coming to hear me if you so chose. Books, based on information gotten out of the CIA under the freedom of information act, testimony before the Congress, hearings before the Senate Church committee, research by scholars, witness of people throughout the world who have been to these target areas that we'll be talking about. I want to emphasize that my own background is profoundly conservative. We come from South Texas, East Texas....

I was conditioned by my training, my marine corps training, and my background, to believe in everything they were saying about the cold war, and I took the job with great enthusiasm (in the CIA) to join the best and the brightest of the CIA, of our foreign service, to go out into the world, to join the struggle, to project American values and save the world for our brand of democracy. And I believed this. I went out and worked hard....

What I really got out of these 6 years in Africa was a sense ... that nothing we were doing in fact defended U.S. national security interests very much. We didn't have many national security interests in Bujumbura, Burundi, in the heart of Africa. I concluded that I just couldn't see the point.

We were doing things it seemed because we were there, because it was our function, we were bribing people, corrupting people, and not protecting the U.S. in any visible way. I had a chance to go drinking with this Larry Devlin, a famous CIA case officer who had overthrown Patrice Lumumba, and had him killed in 1960, back in the Congo. He was moving into the Africa division Chief. I talked to him in Addis Ababa at length one night, and he was giving me an explanation - I was telling him frankly, 'sir, you know, this stuff doesn't make any sense, we're not saving anybody from anything, and we are corrupting people, and everybody knows we're doing it, and that makes the U.S. look bad'.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_1.html
coldjoint

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:39 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Books, based on information gotten out of the CIA under the freedom of information act,

Based on? That says it all. And why the names. You mad bro?
JTT

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:47 pm
@coldjoint,
When your reader get back from coffee break, have them read this to you.

Quote:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/how-thatcher-helped-pol-pot

To this end, the United Nations was abused by the powerful. Although the Khmer Rouge government (“Democratic Kampuchea”) had ceased to exist in January 1979, its representatives were allowed to continue occupying Cambodia’s seat at the UN; indeed, the US, China and Britain insisted on it.

Meanwhile, a Security Council embargo on Cambodia compounded the suffering of a traumatised nation, while the Khmer Rouge in exile got almost everything it wanted. In 1981, President Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski, said: “I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot.” The US, he added, “winked publicly” as China sent arms to the Khmer Rouge.

In fact, the US had been secretly funding Pol Pot in exile since January 1980. The extent of this support – $85m from 1980 to 1986 – was revealed in correspondence to a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. On the Thai border with Cambodia, the CIA and other intelligence agencies set up the Kampuchea Emergency Group, which ensured that humanitarian aid went to Khmer Rouge enclaves in the refugee camps and across the border.

Two American aid workers, Linda Mason and Roger Brown, later wrote: “The US government insisted that the Khmer Rouge be fed . . . the US preferred that the Khmer Rouge operation benefit from the credibility of an internationally known relief operation.” Under American pressure, the World Food Programme handed over $12m in food to the Thai army to pass on to the Khmer Rouge; “20,000 to 40,000 Pol Pot guerillas benefited,” wrote Richard Holbrooke, the then US assistant secretary of state.

I witnessed this. Travelling with a UN convoy of 40 trucks, I drove to a Khmer Rouge operations base at Phnom Chat. The base commander was the infamous Nam Phann, known to relief workers as “The Butcher” and Pol Pot’s Himmler. After the supplies had been unloaded, literally at his feet, he said: “Thank you very much, and we wish for more.”

In November of that year, 1980, direct contact was made between the White House and the Khmer Rouge when Dr Ray Cline, a former deputy director of the CIA, made a secret visit to a Khmer Rouge operational headquarters. Cline was then a foreign policy adviser on President-elect Reagan’s transitional team.

coldjoint

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 09:58 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
When your reader get back from coffee break, have them read this to you.

Global Research is garbage. Do a little research on Jeff Rense.
JTT

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 09:17 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I witnessed this. Travelling with a UN convoy of 40 trucks, I drove to a Khmer Rouge operations base at Phnom Chat. The base commander was the infamous Nam Phann, known to relief workers as “The Butcher” and Pol Pot’s Himmler. After the supplies had been unloaded, literally at his feet, he said: “Thank you very much, and we wish for more.”

In November of that year, 1980, direct contact was made between the White House and the Khmer Rouge when Dr Ray Cline, a former deputy director of the CIA, made a secret visit to a Khmer Rouge operational headquarters. Cline was then a foreign policy adviser on President-elect Reagan’s transitional team.

Ibid
coldjoint

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 09:56 am
@JTT,
Who is the "I"? More accusations, no proof.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 02:39 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
From Truman on, they were all vicious war criminals.

So have you changed your mind?
You once claimed that every president in US history was a war criminal, so why the change now?
coldjoint

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 02:54 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
You once claimed that every president in US history was a war criminal, so why the change now?

He is just a Canadian blowhole.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 02:58 pm
@mysteryman,
Truman on is really all that is of any import. But considering how evil the vast majority have been you really have no reason to believe that they all weren't war criminals of one sort or another.

Maybe Harrison escaped that fate.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 01:55 pm
Ted Cruz, Republican Senator from Texas (of course), has introduced a bill (which is 100% guaranteed to not even be voted on in the Senate) that would force the federal government to respect the anti-gay discrimination of the 33 states that ban gay marriage. Senator Cruz, you're an embarrassment to the Republican Party and that's quite an achievement.

TED CRUZ (R-TX) INTRODUCES ANTI-GAY BILL ‘DEFENDING’ STATES’ RIGHT TO REGULATE MARRIAGE

Quote:
With a ruling in the lawsuit challenging Texas’ ban on same-sex marriage “forthcoming at some time,” Senator Ted Cruz is making sure voters in the Lone Star State know his crystal-clear position on the whole issue. On Thursday, Cruz introduced a bill that defends states’ right to regulate marriage and “protects states from the federal government’s efforts to force any other definition upon them.”

http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c730253ef01a3fcbcf729970b-200wi
edgarblythe

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 02:50 pm
He must have given up on Obamacare for now. But he needs a cause like this to keep himself visible to the lunatic fringe.
coldjoint

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
to the lunatic fringe.

Like Elizabeth Warren?
cicerone imposter

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:00 pm
@jcboy,
These idiots cater to other idiots that think like he does! TNCFS

Why are they so interested in limiting gay rights? The republican party used to be for LESS GOVERNMENT INTRUSION INTO PRIVATE LIVES.

They're not republicans; they homophobic bigots!
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 04:16 pm
Cruz is the current leader of people who think they alone know the 'right' way to live and are out to remove or control anyone who disagrees. What arrogance. Zealots is the term. In a country as diverse as the USA this will lead to disaster.
coldjoint

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 04:21 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Cruz is the current leader of people who think they alone know the 'right'

That would be Obama, not Cruz.
JTT

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Cruz has as much chance of becoming pres as you do graduating 3rd grade, cj.
coldjoint

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:26 pm
@JTT,
http://alien-earth.org/images/smileys/blabla.jpg
JTT

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:33 pm
@coldjoint,
There's that semen encrusted left hand of yours again. Don't you ever wash, cj?