The Lodge Definition of Privacy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 04:00 pm
This was e-mailed to Scientific American magazine in response to their article, "How Should We Think About Privacy".
Your definition of privacy, "information available to some but unavailable to others", is certainly the"lodge" definition, such that they even have exercised un-Constitutional measures to silence unauthorized persons who have stumbled upon suppressed knowledge about their own bodies, the "supreme grand secret", which, thanks to modern medicine, can be printed on bumper stickers, "VAGAL STIMULATION IS AS EFFECTIVE AS LSD".
A good example of privacy is, "not having one's web address wide open for anyone to enter". This computer is used by several tenants of this rooming house. On the Goolgle search page, which was easily accessed by clicking on Google's app, there was a "sign in" button in the upper right hand corner through which other users of this computer entered my web address, and could get into the inbox, sent, drafts, trash, etc, and read anything there. And, I didn't have the authority to change this mess.
Neither I, nor any one here could close that rude opening. Another tenant here wanted to be able to get into her gmail address that easy but didn't know how to bypass that rude opening; but of course, she didn't want the breach of privacy that I had. It took owner of the computer contacting Norton to eliminate the Google app. Google is a cute name, but, it is a nasty company.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 644 • Replies: 0
No top replies