Everythings War...

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:28 pm
Have you noticed all the blockbusters coming out? Alamo, Troy, that campy 1930's style war movie...it's all about war being glorious, death by war being tied to patriotism, romanticism of war...either that or horror movies like Van Helsing or Hell boy where glorious, romantic, brave men, battle evil forces.......and all the good guys look like Brad Pitt........

It would seem that we too, have our ways of delivering the glory in death for God and Country message too. Jeeeshhhh.......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 989 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:27 pm
Well what does it mean that "Ella Enchanted" and "The Prince and Me" also have come out recently, plus the sequel to "Get Shorty" ("Be Cool") is in production and due later this year. Plus, let's see, "The United States of Leland", "Batman Begins", "B-Happy", "Kill Bill Vol. 2", "The Whole 10 Yards", etc. Far as I'm aware, none of these are war pictures. Maybe you're just seeing more blood-and-guts pics being advertised?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
I think there are more war-themed movies lately. And I think it's only natural. War is on the news all the time lately. It is a hot topic, and everyone is talking about and thinking about it, including Hollywood. Would you consider people who make movies about war in a time of war to be war profiteers?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:39 pm
Nope. Just profiteers.
0 Replies