Infiltrating A Suspected Terrorist Organization

BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This thread is about an individual going into a Mosque off their own back with no intelligence whatsoever, nothing at all with how the police should behave.

Off hand I see no problem in going to a Mosque even if you are doing so with just the idea of being a secret agent. It kind of silly and if you have no real interest in the religion it would be kind of boring but what the hell.

If somehow such a fool did come across illegal activities I also see no problem with reporting such either.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 05:04 pm
@BillRM,
You see no problem in alienating the one part of the community that could actually have some useful information.

BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 07:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You see no problem in alienating the one part of the community that could actually have some useful information.

Let see the actions of a few private citizens with no government backing is going to alienate a group that have every reason in the world not to wish to have terrorist acts done in their name!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to withhold information and have terrorist acts go forward that are just as likely to end up killing Muslims as anyone else? After all there was no guarantee that of the hundreds runners harm by the Boston two bombs that people of the Muslim faith was not harm. In fact even if I have never seen a break down by religions of those who have their legs blown off but the odds are there was Muslims harm as well as Christians, Jews, atheist and what have you.

Strange that I seems to have a must higher opinion of the Muslims morals and sanity as a whole then you do.

Oh do you now wish to go to from a few self appointed Jame Bond want to be back to government actions?

If so the reasons already given would still mean that any Muslim with information on future terrorist acts would still be fools not to drop a dime on the them.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 03:26 am
@BillRM,
With this, as with the Trayvon Martin thread you point blank refuse to see things from the point of view of a minority that's facing prejudice. You tell people how they should feel/behave, and when they don't do that it's their fault. As I said before, you see no problem in alienating the one part of the community that could actually have some useful information.

Despite what you say about how people should feel/behave such actions would alienate part of the community. I won't be responding to any more of your posts on this thread, because this conversation has gone on long enough.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
As can be seen Mosques are just as likely to be the victims of terrorism as they are perpetrators.

Quote:
A Ukrainian student has admitted murdering an 82-year-old man who was walking home from a Birmingham mosque.

Mohammed Saleem was stabbed by Pavlo Lapshyn in Small Heath on 29 April, less than a week after Lapshyn had arrived in the UK.

At the Old Bailey, 25-year-old Lapshyn pleaded guilty to murder, as well as plotting to cause explosions near mosques in Walsall, Tipton and Wolverhampton in June and July.

He will be sentenced on Friday.

The postgraduate student, from Dnipropetrovsk in Ukraine, was living in Birmingham while on a temporary work placement in the city when he killed Mr Saleem.

The grandfather of 22 had been attending prayers at the Small Heath mosque and was just yards away from his home when he was stabbed three times.
Later, Lapshyn planted three bombs near three mosques in the West Midlands as part of a campaign he said was motivated by racial hatred.

He was arrested almost a week after an explosion near the Kanzul Iman Masjid mosque in Tipton on 12 July.

Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale described Lapshyn as a "self-starter" who would have been likely to go on to commit further offences, while in the UK on a year-long visa.

"He was motivated through what he had learnt himself - he was operating alone and not part of wider group," he said.

"He is an evil and ill-informed man, he was extremely dangerous.

"His motivation was that the white man was better than anyone else."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24614280
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:45 pm
@gollum,
Unless the information obtained is of truly vital importance,most US government agencies are not eager to pay rewards. They simply don't have the budget for it. But a lot of the private individuals who do this sort of thing aren't looking for monetary remuneration.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 02:08 am
The only time I used the FBI's tipoff line wa a few years ago when a muslim guy said in a website-"Watch out for me on the news, I'm going to do something".
The Feds e-mailed me to thank me and tell me they were following it up, and that's the last I heard, I don't know if they bust him or what. Incidentally I didn't get a reward but i wasn't looking for one anyway..Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 04:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
view of a minority that's facing prejudice. You tell people how they should feel/behave,

Sorry I can indeed not see how anyone no matter how abused they are feelings by the society as a whole would allow random murders to be done in both their name and their religion name.

It sure the hell is not going to aid how the general public feeling about them or their religion to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 04:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
As can be seen Mosques are just as likely to be the victims of terrorism as they are perpetrators.

True the more terrorist acts done in their religion name the more they themselves are likely to be attacked/target by the less stable members of society and that is one good damn reason to bend over backward to aid in having those attacks stop.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 05:22 am
@BillRM,
PS as far as Muslims being as likely to be victims in the US/west of terrorism acts directed at them that is nonsense.

No Mosques or gathering places of Muslims had been target for mass attack either by bombings or other means in the West.

Of course the charming Muslim terrorists do indeed blow up Mosques in the middle east if you happen to belong to the "wrong" branch of that faith.
0 Replies