E-mail sorting software?

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:17 am
My boss celebrates his 60th birthday next week, and I know he was talking about wanting some e-mail sorting software, somesuch thing that would sort his emails by topics, that emails would come not to inbox, but directly to the folders he wants them in - simply some intellingent sorting system that would look into the contents of the incoming emails and know where to send them... I am not sure, he claims there is such thing. I know it would make him awfully happy and want to find the thing. Internet search left me clueless, as i don't even know exactly what I'm looking for. He has a Eudora mailbox, Windows XP OS. Any ideas of what to look for, and where? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:21 am
Outlook or Outlook Express can do that. Any e-mail application that allows you to create "rules" or "filters" can be setup to do exactly what you want (including Yahoo or Hotmail).

Eudora itself has the ability:
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials/win_filters.html
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
I know, I know, but he wants something more than that. He claims there is a software writers use for this kind of sorting. Plus he wants it to sort emails he already has in - thousands of, which just can't be done manually or it would take weeks of staff time... :-(
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:06 am
Maybe ASK SAM is along the lines of what he's looking for. I've never used it it, but folks tell me it works for them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 02:11 pm
ooooh, that looks awesome!!!! now i only have to find out subtly if that is indeed what the boss wants. sure i can find a way to sneak it into conversation tomorrow....
thank you, gentlemen, for all previous and current help!
0 Replies