Anybody up for boycotting Barilla Pasta?

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 11:05 am
@Mame,
"do the deal we propose or else we will close you down" is what the Taliban does. it is also extortion. But at least one A2K member is proud to be part if it.
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 11:23 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
it is also extortion. But at least one A2K member is proud to be part if it.

He is very proud of it indeed as shameful as that kind of blackmailing behaviors happen to be.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 11:35 am
@BillRM,
did you notice how the St Pete fags decided what they thought would be fair terms for the business owner, and then demanded he accept their terms or else? there is zero difference between that and the mob walking in to a place and putting a gun to the head and dictating terms. the difference is only that most of the mob has been placed in jails.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:04 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
In wake of the chairman of Barilla Group's anti-gay comments yesterday that sparked international outrage, one pasta brand wants the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community to know that we have their support.

What cynical nonsense.

If Butoni has the support of the "LGBT community" then why do they need to post this comment on Facebook, advising this group of the support they have given them?

The statement makes no sense in and of itself. Perhaps if it was "Butoni supports the "LGBT community" there would be something there other than a ridiculous attempt to benefit from this silly affair.

But apparently this sort of patronizing tripe works.

I suppose it is a sign of how wonderful this country is that so many people consider such unserious issues so important.

To much of the world we must appear incredibly frivilous.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:06 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That really offends me. Why should he be so penalized because he didn't "sign on" to the current fad? Bullshit. I really think that's disgusting. Do the st. Pete's gays not support individual rights? If you don't say YES, then you're saying NO? There couldn't be other reasons?

And does everyone have to accept and support gays (single parents, Muslims, etc)? Don't we have the right to not buy girl guide cookies, for st. Pete's sake without being dunned out of business and town??

Apparently not in some circles.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
"do the deal we propose or else we will close you down" is what the Taliban does.
If customers dont like him,
thay r within their rights to avoid him and to take their money
elsewhere. OK, restaurant owner; whata u think of this:
a few years ago, I attended a naborhood restaurant for lunch.
On being seated, I took up all the cloth napkins, with their
cutlery wrapped inside and put them beyond the waitress' reach,
desiring the benefits of extra cloth napkins and cutlery.
She demanded that I give them to her; I refused. She insisted
and persisted. I acquiesced, fairly loudly declaring, on my way out,
that I 'd leave them ALL in immaculate condition and that I 'd take
my money somewhere better. The place has since gone out of business.
Do u hold that to have been extortion ?

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I consider it extortion when the leader of a mob goes to a businessman dictating terms, and the businessman knows that if he refuses then the mob will shut him down. the italian mob did not usually put guns to heads, or say any threats, but everyone knew that if the terms were not agreed to then trucks would be set alight, workers would be maimed, and business would dry up. we put guys in jails for doing that, as we should. the St Pete fags probably do not have business cards for their mob but it does not matter, JCBOY has already proudly confessed that they are an organized mob bent on extortion.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
you should put a sign up in your little deli that says "no FAGS will dictate my pasta choices."

really...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you should put a sign up in your little deli that says "no FAGS will dictate my pasta choices."

really...
this thread has moved passed the subjects of rights and choices, into criminal activity.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
you're ******* funny sometimes...

it's not even your thread, jackass.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:13 pm
@Mame,
It’s a lot different here in Florida then California, here they can legally fire you from your job for being Gay, or deny you housing. They have no rights here so many consider it a form of discrimination. And the community doesn’t only do it the straight community but the Gay community as well. When I first moved here there was a bar in town that had only been opened for about six months. Two guys purchased a building in the grand central district for 1.5 million and opened the largest Gay bar in Tampa Bay. I only went twice because they smoked inside.

Well those two guys were doing very well the first year but they never supported Pride like the other gay bars in town, they never donated one dollar. When the community found that out they slowly stopped going and after two years the bank finally foreclosed on the property. That building still sets empty.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:14 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you're ******* funny sometimes...

it's not even your thread, jackass.

I have no doubt but that you are perfectly ok with crime, so long as ut is done for reasons that you approve of.
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:14 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:

really...

So a business that would dare to turn down an organization that in the name of gay rights extorted funds and services for itself from small businessmen under the threat of a boycott by it members and others it can influence is the same as banning gays from that business!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I think you might benefit from having your moral compass recalibrated.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
because I'm trailer trash.

you're a ******* idiot...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:16 pm
@BillRM,
If that is what you take away from my post, billy, then you are as big an idiot as your boy honkeye.

y'all have a lovely day...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:17 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

He is very proud of it indeed as shameful as that kind of blackmailing behaviors happen to be.

Blackmailing? Really? That’s actually a silly statement. In the United States it's their first amendment right to protest their position and spend their money elsewhere.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:19 pm
@jcboy,
it is pretty hard to take seriously gay complaints about exclusion while gays are proudly proclaiming how exclusionary they are......
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:21 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That really offends me. Why should he be so penalized because he didn't "sign on" to the current fad? Bullshit. I really think that's disgusting. Do the st. Pete's gays not support individual rights? If you don't say YES, then you're saying NO? There couldn't be other reasons?

And does everyone have to accept and support gays (single parents, Muslims, etc)? Don't we have the right to not buy girl guide cookies, for st. Pete's sake without being dunned out of business and town??

I agree with being offended, but also for different reasons.

I got tired years ago at the self-referential "Don't piss me off, I'm a bitchy queen" type of thing, but that's just me. When people say things like that it makes them seem (to me) so one faceted. You're many things, don't threaten me with what might happen because you're "a bitchy queen" That sort of talk makes it seem like it some sort of game, like you're not even an adult, but need to fall back on tired old childish phrases.

Oh...it's not just those things I grew tired of....also the "I've got PMS and a gun type of thing" said by women. It's all a joke, both examples.

True though with the feeling that you've got (to actively) support every freaking cause and type of people. To me, in every day life it's like, you're gay, so what? You're muslim, big deal? You're a girl scout, who care?

I'm not going to buy a box of your crappy cookies every time I have to walk by a group of you when I have to go to a Walgreens. I'm not going to stop buying a product because I want/need to show support of your homosexuality. I don't support your homosexuality in fact....I just don't care what you are, any more than anyone cares that I'm left handed.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:21 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
It’s a lot different here in Florida then California, here they can legally fire you from your job for being Gay, or deny you housing.

Strange as the one case that got a lot of play and I remember in Florida was when new bar owners fired all it straight employees as the news owners was turning the bar into a gay bar and feel it customers would be happier with all gay servers.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
It’s a lot different here in Florida then California, here they can legally fire you from your job for being Gay, or deny you housing.

Strange as the one case that got a lot of play and I remember in Florida was when new bar owners fired all it straight employees as the news owners was turning the bar into a gay bar and feel it customers would be happier with all gay servers.

I’ve never heard that before. In fact in CA most gay bars hire straight bar tenders and strippers, less drama. Smart move.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 10:00:59