Anybody up for boycotting Barilla Pasta?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
here's the thing David. I don't give a **** if I'm being spiteful
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:35 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

you only have so much energy to spread around, you best use it wisely. also there needs to be personal joy, giving up good eating on moral grounds gets to look like self flagellation, one has to wonder how healthy your fanaticism is.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:43 pm
Hawkeye, I eat Dreamfields pasta one of the healthiest. I buy my produce from whole foods and make sure it's truly organic. I don't eat dairy, I exercise regularly, my fat% and BMI is above average. I had a COMPLETE set of labs done just yesterday and I'm in better than average condition for a 40 year old according to my doc. I'm almost 65. So shove the inferences and snottiness up your ass. Very Happy
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:48 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I talk about joy, and you respond "lab reports".

nuff said.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:30 pm
no, you accused me of fanaticism. It's right there in black and white. Nice attempt to backpeddle though. The lab reports are proof positive that although I may follow through on my convictions to a degree you find excessive, my health is good, or golly gee was that not really your main concern. That hurts Hawkye, it cuts me deeply. Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
in a sense you are correct, people are generally lazy,
so there needs to be motivation to overcome that lazyness.
emotional attachment, either love or hate, works best.
Yes. I 'm lazier than most,
because I have more experience at it.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I read yesterday that Steve Jobs considered himself one of the most lazy people around. lazy people are the ones who tend to come up with a better way to do things, and in capitalism get financially rewarded for doing so. calling someone lazy is not necessarily a slam.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:47 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yes. Note that I do not impugn your freedom to be spiteful.
It was just an observation.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
you only have so much energy to spread around, you best use it wisely.
also there needs to be personal joy, giving up good eating on moral grounds
gets to look like self flagellation, one has to wonder how healthy your fanaticism is.
I disagree with your logic, Hawkeye, for several reasons.
For one thing, the Bear has not posted sufficient information
to be judged a fanatic; that remains uncertain.

Indeed, we shud all be JOYFUL in whatever we opt to do,
but he has not asserted that he lacks joy in his boycotting.

Your post is un-justified in its implication that Bear has executed his choices
for the purpose of public exhibition, rather than on the merits of his boycott.

If u have evidence that he is an exhibitionist, then u shud set it forth.

David
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 05:58 pm
well david I have to plead guilty to being a bit of an exhibitionist. I've made my living as an entertainer. It's practically a prerequisite. Laughing
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 07:25 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

currently Barilla products are on bogo or 10 for a dollar here in Raleigh I'm happy to report.

Barilla's the same price as it always has been here in Austin, and being purchased at the same rate as always if the amount on the shelves is any indication.
Thomas

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:16 pm
@chai2,
Well, but then Austin must be much less pro-gay than famously-liberal North Carolina.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 12:48 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
well david I have to plead guilty to being a bit of an exhibitionist.
I've made my living as an entertainer. It's practically a prerequisite. Laughing
I c what u mean. I didn't think of that.

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:23 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
good eating

good eating used in a thread about Barilla. There's a great oxymoron.

Checked with the store manager of our nearest grocer early this week. Barilla sales are down in our neighbourhood. Normally $2.99 a box, it's been on a store manager special for $0.99 for about 2 weeks. He's not going to order it for a little while - going to bring in more of a store brand. It's not reflective of anything but our neighbourhood, but I smiled anyway.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:31 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Well, but then Austin must be much less pro-gay than famously-liberal North Carolina.

Famously liberal. Yes. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
good eating

good eating used in a thread about Barilla. There's a great oxymoron.

I dont care for the sauces and rarely use factory made sauces, but the pasta is one of the better ones. I dont tend to use it because I can get the same quality cheaper, but OMG pasta quality varies.

it will be interesting to see if people do switch to lower quality for political reasons, I have an employee who does band sound who laments that a generation brought up on cd's and mp3 generally dont know good quality sound if it bites them in the ass. pasta might run the same way. I dont chance it with my restaurant though, I pay extra to get better. thing is I can get barilla quality for $23 a case (20 lb) so I see no reason to pay over $30 to get barilla.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:08 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

Thomas wrote:

Austin must be much less pro-gay

Famously liberal. Yes. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

less pro-gay Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Confused
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:16 pm
I have disquietude about the Dreamfield thing, but get others liking it. I doubt the promo re diabetes. The only person I knew who was a fan of it was keen on ordering crap and hates vegetables.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:30 pm
@ossobuco,
I can imagine that it is any good, it looks like the All Bran of "pasta". I would get a good pasta and put a high fat sauce on it, that will cut the glucose response, and taste great too.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think you mean you can't.. no?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:23:59