unemployed - stay at home pet care provider

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 08:32 am
I currently live with my "boyfriend" not married. He has a good paying job but in order to have it I stay at home with the great dane/doberman who are quite needy. I dont earn any type of income instead he covers all the bills. So how does Obamacare work for me single no income - stay at home mom to pets but not married. He has private insurance. How do they figure out how much I would have to pay on "0" income. I dont get unemployment or food stamps. Also will I have to pay a penalty for not having obama care - how do they figure out that amount.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 08:56 am
Assuming that your boyfriend does not claim you as a dependent, you are exempt from the insurance requirement as you do no not make enough money to file taxes. If he claims you, then he will have to indicate if you have insurance and pay a tax for you not having insurance, which would be $95 or 1% of his income, whichever is greater.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Free, Public Healthcare - Discussion by McGentrix
AIG, Why you should be paying attention - Discussion by hawkeye10
Cigar Insurance - Discussion by Craven de Kere
Not a woman to upset ..... - Discussion by Teufel
Mobile Home Model Name - Question by Moonlit
Life Expectancy Calculators - Discussion by Seizan
Insurance Industry Gone Wild - Question by TomTomBinks
Help me figure out motorcycles! - Question by Unknown17
  1. Forums
  2. » unemployed - stay at home pet care provider
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/08/2023 at 05:18:38