Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm tired of posters throwing off comments and then acting like they never did, several pages into a thread.

You like to think of yourself as a rational fellow edgar so perhaps you will be up to taking a rational view of our exchange on this thread.

The title of this thread is "Republicans Preying on People"

It is clear that the originator was not being metaphorical. He actually believes Republicans prey on Americans.

Now if the title of the thread had been "Democrats Want to Make People Slaves," would you have reacted with equanimity, or might you have posted something along the lines of my first post?

Those damned evil Republicans "preying on people!"

If only the government was ruled by those wonderful, people loving Democrats.

Do any of you ever stop to consider how childish your comments are?

Although my post was not directed to you, you chose to respond. Fair enough, I've no problem with that, but here's what you posted:

Do you ever look to see what the Republican Party is doing? Especially the Teaparty faction. It's criminal.

Criminal? Since you didn't deign to explain what laws you believe the "teaparty faction" is violating, I would suggest it was safe to say you were engaging in the same sort of childish hyperbole, favored by moment-in-time, and thus my response:

Spare me the hyperbole edgar

Rather than denying your comment was hyperbolic you responded with this non-sequitor:

Spare me the outrage.

I guess you thought that was a clever retort, but since there was no indication on my part that I was outraged by you comment, it was clearly nonsense, and I replied:

What outrage?

You think too highly of your comments.

That must have really stung because your next comment was pure ad hominem

You remind me of a fire ant, hopping from thread to thread, making caustic comments. But in the final analysis, you're just a teabagger and I have been reading that more traditional Republicans, in some quarters at least, are getting fed up with that fire ant sort of actions.

It obviously bothers you when someone shows up in a thread and questions anything you have posted, and to such an extent that you have taken to imploring other participants in the thread to ignore those who disagree with you.

I'm afraid you are just not going to get your wish for all edgar; all the time A2k, not even when you personally attack those who might disagree with you.

The personna you have fashioned for yourself as this level headed individual who is simply telling the truth, but must suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous teabaggers just doesn't hold up to even mild scrutiny edgar. Never-the-less it's the one you prefer to assume in this forum and so I don't expect to see a change.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
thank you for reinforcing my point, finky...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 03:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In the first place, finn, nothing you can ever do or say will sting me the way you wish it does. That's because I no longer value your political statements enough to even examine them closely, in large part because you admit to being a Teaparty guy. When I called Republican (teabaggers) activities criminal, everybody but you knew I meant in the moral sense and not necessarily according to law. I don't waste my time spelling out anything to you, because it is like throwing pearls to swine. Now you will accuse me of calling you a swine, probably, because that seems to be how your mind works.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 03:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

The title of this thread is "Republicans Preying on People"

It is clear that the originator was not being metaphorical. He actually believes Republicans prey on Americans.

Clearly NOT all Republicans prey on Americans, but in my personal opinon, the majority do. I find the majority of Republicans to be leeches, cold-blooded and intensely ambitious. There are a few who are against closing down the government. The majority are led by a fanatical zealot, Ted Cruz, who sincerely thinks he can force the current president to turn on his own singular signature achievement. It AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN~

Edgar has a right to post his opinion, like we all do. So why are you castigating this very decent poster?! It's my thread! I am the "originator"! Yell at me!

There is no love in me for the Republican Party led by the crazy tea party crackpots.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
The exchange speaks for itself ed.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 05:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
It's my thread! I am the "originator"! Yell at me!

You don't hear anything when you're hiding in your little hole, MiT.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You ain't wrong there.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 06:02 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Your protectiveness towards decent eddy is something to behold.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 06:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's really quite amazing, isn't it, Finn, not to mention exceedingly hypocritical for Democrats or whatevers to complain about Republicans Preying on People.

Just taking one situation, Vietnam; it started with a Republican prez attempting to prey on the Vietnamese people, then came a Democrat, Kennedy, then another Dem, Johnson, then a Repub, Nixon and on it went with Dem and Repubs committing war crime after war crime, terrorist act after terrorist act.

And all the time Vietnam was happening, there were numerous war crimes being committed by the US in Latin America, the Philippines, Korea, Cambodia, Laos, ... .

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 07:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Your protectiveness towards decent eddy is something to behold.

.....And why not, Finn dAbuzz?! The poster, Edgarblythe, is an impressive poster; I admire his civility, conventionality and calmness....he also possess a sharp wit. I will stop now before I embarrass him before the board.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 08:00 pm
I don't want to ignore finn. I also don't want to continue the bitter exchanges.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 11:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

LOL, as if anyone not a brain dead liberal hack gives a **** what you think. NOT BLOODY LIKELY! you write like a full of the themselves 15 YO who is proud to skate out of high school having never read a book.

You are the one throwing the tantrum here, Hawk, acting like a 15-year-old who was badly trained, and reared in a dysfunctional home. I am now placing you on ignore.....I am through with you. I find you almost as disgusting as Orally.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 12:29 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You dont have to put him on ignore. Just do as I do and dont post to the ones who act like 6th grade children.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:36 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Baldimo et al... I did clarify my point, perhaps you'd like to go back and read what I wrote.
Regardless, as to the rest of you that wonder why I bother to give my opinion on a country I don't live in. Well, there are a myriad of reasons, but mainly, you're my neighbours. And like most neighbours, I care if mine are having a good life. Ya know, like having a job - just one - not run off their feet, feeding their children, not suffering from illness or pain, being able to educate their children, afford dental and eye care. Or having a government not caught in an endless pissing match.
This may come as a surprise, but this is what most people want. A healthy, happy, prosperous country.
If that concept is too hard to grasp. God, or whatever you believe in, help us all.

Would you trade your current healthcare for Obamacare?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:40 pm
@McGentrix,
I would.

but of course you aren't asking me.

I am one of the people on the outside of the current system looking in.

been sick for almost 10 years now.

and unable to get insurance because I'm sick.

I'll hush and let you get back to defunding it now...
McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I would.

but you aren't asking me.

I am one of the people on the outside of the current system looking in.

been sick for almost 10 years now.

and unable to get insurance because I'm sick.

I'll hush and let you get back to defunding it now...

Thank you. If only it was that simple. I can't imagine that you saw that huge businesses were given a one year exemption and thought to yourself *whew!* Glad that's there!

Then, when Congress decided to exempt themselves, despite the fact that it was put into the bill explicitly so Congress would be in the same ballpark as the rest of America, you probably said "Alright! Glad they did that!"

I was really surprised at the fact that Big Labor did not get exempted. I really was. I wonder though, with as much that is wrong with the ACA, why is it so impossible to put the whole program on hold for 1 year? Let this be the big issue in the 2014 elections and lets see what America really wants.

But, All that boils down to "Republicans are preying on Americans!!!" or that Republicans want to only make Americans not be able to get insurance or whatever the current talking points are.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:50 pm
@McGentrix,
there is quite a lot that you cannot imagine.

but you have insurance...
McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

there is quite a lot that you cannot imagine.

but you have insurance...

Sure do. I made sure that was a condition of my employment.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:54 pm
@McGentrix,
I was let go by my employer because of my illness.

what a lot we have in common...