paying for 2 children 2 different mothers

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:55 am
Okay heres the deal my baby's mother of my first child took out child support on me as soon as i got my new job now my other baby's mother is wanting to do the same i heard through word of mouth that they will take what I'm currently paying and split it in half so lets say I'm paying 125 a week will they charge me more or just split that amount between the 2 mothers? Please help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,082 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:01 pm
@kdjustin,
For your perusal:
Quote:
THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

AS for your question? It depends on which mother has a better lawyer. That said consult a lawyer yourself.

You should read this one more time, especially if your didn't read it the first time:
Quote:
THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 01:22 pm
@kdjustin,
So far as garnishing wages, they can take up to 50% of your wage. Some states allow more if the proceeding involves back payments. Now, if they are taking less than 50% at present, they can clearly take more.

What is taken from wages has nothing to do with your legal obligation. If that 50% does not satisfy the judgement, the balance is still your obligation.
0 Replies