Child support from benefit

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 11:19 pm
My ex husband was injured in a motorcycle accident in May of 2013 and I have not received child support since then since he cannot perform the duties of a mechanic any longer. He has been consistently denied disability because he can work, just not in the job but I still have received no money. I have full custody of our 6 year old, he gets him only every other weekend. I have found out that this weekend in his town, the fire department is having a big benefit for him. I currently have a lawyer on retainer to represent me in status hearings on child support every 60 days. Should I call him to inform him of this income potentially or is money from a benefit not counted as child support? I hate to be petty but I am really hurting right now with school just starting back, I just had to pay sports fees, school pictures, registration, I carry health insurance with no reimbursement, school lunches, a book fair this week, etc. I just had to buy school clothes, shoes, supplies, etc. He provides NONE of this. I even have to send clothes to his dad's on the weekends and then fight to get the stuff back. His girlfriend lives with him, she works and she receives welfare for her 3 kids that don't live there all the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,298 • Replies: 2
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 09:31 pm
@redhead84,
Yes, call your lawyer. I'm sorry he is injured but children can't eat good intentions. There is nothing petty about providing food clothing and housing for the children two people produce.

If your child were to live with the father, I assure you the courts would order you to pay child support.
0 Replies

AnnieSialo

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 04:50 am
@redhead84,
Yeah, you can call your lawyer.It's better and beneficial for you.
0 Replies