This Place Sucks Compared to Abuzz

spendius

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:04 pm
@Setanta,
One of the Abuzz cliques was on here when I started. It is now dispersed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Got throwed off here in 2003, I think they thought I was the 'bad' bobsal. I started off as hmorehead on abuzz and then I figured I'd rehabilitate the bobsal name and became bobsal u1553115. When bobsal got bumped he lost his old number and mine became the older number and it drove him nuts.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:20 pm
@roger,
roger as in rogertc1?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa? What do I win?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Bad drugs?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:16 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
miss having you around.
Me, too, .... kind of, at least Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:31 pm
@Setanta,
I like the participants here on A2k. New York Abuzz was fun for awhile but the newspaper abandoned the moderators and a few people made a mess of it. Anybody remember having their posts fouled by reams of nonsense print? I remember a few men inviting me to participate in fist fights, how nuts is that? So Abuzz was great for awhile, but A2k is enjoyable for me. I don't possess the skill to create such a vehicle and I think we owe Robert a big thank you for providing us with a place to meet and jawbone.

When Big Ego creates the perfect vehicle, I'll certainly check it out.
spendius

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Abuzz signifies a site for cutting edge movers and shakers on Quaaludes but as its members were all, in truth, dickheads, arseholes and silly moocows, like the rest of humanity, it obviously collapsed from its own internal logic.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:07 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I think we owe Robert a big thank you
for providing us with a place to meet and jawbone.
SO STIPULATED!!!

David
ossobuco

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:12 pm
I liked abuzz even though I got there rather late and it was on its way to collapse. I was a NYTimes reader for a lot of years, for some years a subscriber, in California. It was the first I ever clicked on a website that I could type back to... maybe a few days after I first tried connecting to the internet ( early 2000? -whenever I got my first iMac from Costco and decided to look around by typing). It may be that one could respond to regular articles with comments, but I was unaware of all that, a complete neophyte, but had seen an ad re abuzz a few times. After I got all invested in the abuzz site, liking a lot of posters a great deal, I managed to not be able to access it. Many tried to help me. It had something to do with cookies, but I was too dumb to fix it. I remember Jes and Craven trying to give me a clue.. but also several others trying to straighten me out.

Anyway, I missed a few months, important months in my own life and others lives, and felt frustratedly shut out since I was relatively new in a new small city so sans much of a support system locally. Then I got back in somehow, but by then all hell had broken loose.

Re Bobsal, hi Bobsal. I'm almost sure I liked one of you, but was confused by the multiple.

I'd name people I still am fond of but I'd probably forget and leave people out.

I still like a2k, still happy Robert got it going and thank all those who have worked with him on it.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No wonder you are such a popular guy Dave.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:13 pm
@BigEgo,
This place is BETTER than Abuzz.
If Abuzz were still around, I 'd spend more time here than there.

David
roger

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That was true from the day a2k opened.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 18 Nov, 2013 06:38 am
@roger,
I saw that immediately.

Abuzz had gotten pretty gross;
un-ending off-topic attributions of sexual perversity.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
bobsal?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
I agree with you 100%!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:04 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

And yet you are here.

And for someone who hates this site so much, the question that needs to be asked is why does he come back and participate. He came back with 8 or 9 posts yesterday. What a looney. Razz
chai2

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:34 am
@tsarstepan,
I know, I was thinking the same thing.

On top of that, I said I was dying in 6 months, and I'm afraid I've set the stage for my demise.
0 Replies