This Place Sucks Compared to Abuzz

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 09:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I'd still like to know what Ego used over at Abuzz.

Maybe it's anon
trying2learn

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know hardly anything about Abuzz. Were Steve, Peter, Brian or Nick involved? I know Craven was because of what I read.
Frank Apisa

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 04:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Wow, Bobsal.

Good to see ya.
farmerman

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:05 am
@trying2learn,
No but we had John, Paul, George and Ringo
Frank Apisa

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

No but we had John, Paul, George and Ringo

The two popes I remember...but those other two guys I don't.
roger

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 12:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, wow. Wait till it finds out Miller used to be KAK.
trying2learn

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well from what I read on another site, you are a troll king. IMO the person who called you that is a hypocrite.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 3 Nov, 2013 05:29 pm
Maybe he was Capt. America? Anybody really care?
glitterbag

Sun 3 Nov, 2013 05:32 pm
@glitterbag,
By the way, welcome back bobsal. Did you get tired of banging your head against the SB 3? See you around the website.
0 Replies

BigEgo

Sun 3 Nov, 2013 06:53 pm
@roger,
KAK was a hack and still is only under Miller!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 06:59 am
I have but a few deep interests that A2K doesn't seem to support anymore. I find myself arguing with some folks who haven't donw any homework and engage in bumper stickery At Abuzz we had plenty of artists and a few real scientists and several gardeners. NOW all these things have melted down to one or two subjects that are of no interest to me. ANybody know any wider interest fora ?

Ive been thinking of going the way of a few recent emigrees.
spendius

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
ANybody know any wider interest fora ?

Try Spengler fm. There is enough in that for anybody. One of the little things is that you either go with what is there or you're irrelevant.
farmerman

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 08:24 am
@spendius,
nahh, That's pre-pubescent diddly crap.

Challenge yourself with some skill development spendi. Life isn't merely a view through a beer glass.
Frank Apisa

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 08:33 am
Compared with Abuzz...this place comes in a distant second. But that mostly has to do with the light traffic. Mostly it is a few people arguing the same points...using the same arguments.

If only there were some way to build up the viewership...it could be an excellent forum. Plenty of intelligent people to start with.

I have not found any other place that pleases me more...and I've posted in several others.
Setanta

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 09:18 am
Abuzz was, mostly, an interesting place. However, it lacked organization--no fora, no tags--so that it was hard to find your way around. It was also unmoderated (and this place is now, functionally, unmoderated, too--although they do the weed-whacker job on spam). After September 11th, 2001, it just went to hell. I was hardly around after that, and within a few weeks, i was gone. For a forum for the discussion of general topics, this is the best i've seen.
spendius

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Challenge yourself with some skill development spendi.

What for?? Life is too short for practicing and honing skills.

Have you ever removed a 6 storey cotton mill and outbuildings from a site and left it ready for a developer? The skill is making the most money out of it.

Is interpreting the hieroglyphics on the inside of ladies' toilet doors rescued from the demolition of a large high street pub which had been there for 150 years counted as a skill. It is like reading Jane Austen with all the corners cut.

I bet you think that Mansfield Park is a story or a novel or somesuch. It's a piss take. Like the toilet doors only more delicately phrased.

Officers were putty in the hands of Elizabeth Bennet's dizzy younger sisters. Liz was frying bigger fish.
spendius

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:23 am
@Setanta,
Has nobody else noticed that Setanta's posts are completely useless as a being abled to know experience?

Abuzz is like the dodo. Fucked. A2K is where it's at.

Quote:
You used to ride on the chrome horse with your diplomat
Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat
Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at
After he took from you everything he could steal.

In some performances "possibly" is inserted between "could" and "steal".
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:16 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Life is too short for practicing and honing skills.

Have you ever removed a 6 storey cotton mill and outbuildings from a site and left it ready for a developer? The skill is making the most money out of it.

Is interpreting the hieroglyphics on the inside of ladies' toilet doors rescued from the demolition of a large high street pub which had been there for 150 years counted as a skill. It is like reading Jane Austen with all the corners cut.

I bet you think that Mansfield Park is a story or a novel or somesuch. It's a piss take. Like the toilet doors only more delicately phrased.

Officers were putty in the hands of Elizabeth Bennet's dizzy younger sisters. Liz was frying bigger fish

If I cannot interest you in developing some skills, perhaps I can convince you to produce an outline of your posts so you don't keep losing your way .They say ADD and ADHD are very much like that. Has that been your experience?
Setanta

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:32 am
As i've thought about this, there's one other point of comparison where Abuzz comes off much worse than this place. Abuzz was hag-ridden by cliques. If you weren't one of the "in-crowd," the others just simply wouldn't talk to you. I find that new members can quickly fit in well here, if they don't show up their hostilities ablaze.
spendius

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:02 pm
@farmerman,
I have no problem with losing my way fm.
0 Replies