i need help!

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 03:54 pm
ok, im sure you don't get many posts on here from high school students, but i really need help.... i have to convince my speech class that aliens exist. i was just wondering if anyone had any valuable information on that, or any web sites that i could visit... thanks
you help would be much appreciated Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 6
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 04:00 pm
welcome to a2k here on this discussion and read on for info:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1477&highlight=
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:24 pm
Show video clips from the 2000 Republican national convention. That convinced me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:34 pm
Check out:

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
0 Replies

g day

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:26 pm
Well by definition all matter from Earth came from outer space. Our more complicated atoms where born in the hearts of massive suns, much bigger than our own, that died maybe 5 billion years ago.

Life too may have started off world - a virus or bacteria that was trapped in a frozn comet that lucked into meeting Earth just when it was ready to support primitive simple celled life is entirely possible.

If bacteria can exist terrestially, then surely other worlds might contain life. The chances against intelligent life however appear to be astronomically against by our current models and reasoning.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 11:42 pm
Start by analyzing the word aliens.

Alien: a person of another family, race, or nation

You could easily prove that one. Or use common knowledge: an alien is a being from outer space. Ask someone to prove that we are from this planet.

Or then there is the irrefutable evidence: we put men on the moon and even more in orbit around the earth. Assuming that there isn't a minimum distance to qualify as alien then they definitely are.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:14 am
Re: i need help!
ChristinaBELL wrote:
... i have to convince my speech class that aliens exist...

Along with the other good suggestions already posted, if you really want to play with everyone's head, remind them that anyone who believes in a personal God already believes in aliens, or at least, one alien. It's hard to imagine anything more alien than a non-corporial, all powerful, timeless being. Now *that's* and alien Smile
0 Replies