Why did I receive a new case worker if they're closing my case?

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:27 pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

They are closing my temporary assistance case this week due to the claim that I willfully did not show up for the Work Experience Program. Actually, I did not receive the notice in the mail, which i read is not unusual. Of course, they don't take your word for this and quickly wish to close your case. They don't understand that if I'm not going to show up for that, why would I show up at all to explain myself?

At first, a Homebound liaison came to my apt. and helped me with the application. I applyed for future Homebound assistance but was rejected. I waited for the notice for the work assignment in the mail, but like I said it didn't show up. After speaking to a Conciliation worker, I got the notice that my case will be closed within the week, August 31st. OK, I plan to reapply right away after they close the case.

I did call the Homebound liaison the day I got the closure notice since I already had his number. I explained in a message my situation. It was on a Thursday I left the message.

On the following Monday, I received a notice saying that a new worker had been assigned to my case. They gave me the name of the worker and the number. It is dated the 23rd of August, the day after I called the Homebound guy. It said as of August 23rd, I'd been given a new worker to handle my case.

I'm puzzled as to why they would assign a new worker if they're closing my case within a few days of this latest notice?

I called the number today and got a different worker, someone new to the place. She said that the person who is supposed to be assigned to me is no longer there. I told her I was being closed and that I wanted to know why I was given this case worker. She said to call her back the next morning around 11:30 am.

What I want to know is, has anybody had the experience of receiving a new worker despite the closing of your case? Could the Homebound person have done something after I called him? I found it odd that they assigned me someone on a Friday so fast.

I left another message to the HB guy asking about this. I'm going to call the other worker in the morning. I just wanted to know anyone's opinion on what this could mean.

And why would they give a worker no longer there? They put the worker's name on the worker's signature line, with the date of August 23rd.

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,653 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BeHereNow

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:50 am
@jenjack12,
Welfare and social service offices are often staffed at 50%.
Five years about I had just over 100 cases, now 500.
No one wants the job at the pay offered.
After a couple of months they quit, someone takes their place - new worker.

0 Replies