What is the PHILOCHRONY?

sibilia

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 10:45 am
The Philochrony (from the Greek philio: friend and khronos: time) is the natural science that studies things from the point of view of their duration. In accordance with this criterion things are classified in: Eternal, durable, perishable, ephemeral, fleeting and nonexistent.

a) The eternal things don't have beginning neither ending; like the matter. For believers, God and the Paradise are eternal.

b) The durable things last a lot of time. They are divided in:
- Centennial, if they last among 100 to 999 years. For example, the fir tree and the saguaro cactus.
- Millennial, among 1,000 to 999,000 years. The secuoya tree.
- Millionaire, more than a million years. The geologic eras, the life of the planets and stars,

c) Perishable things have a little duration; they last among one day to 99 years. The human being’s life.

d) Ephemeral things have a short duration, some hours.

e) The fleeting things have a very short duration, some seconds or fractions of second. The wink, the rhythm of the heart.

f) The nonexistence is the lack of existence, without duration. The planet X between Mars and Jupiter. All things possess existence and essence.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,341 • Replies: 4
No top replies

sibilia

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:32 am
@sibilia,
RELATION BETWEEN THE CHRONOLOGY AND THE PHILOCHRONY

"Chronology (from Greek chronos,"time"and logos,"study") is the science which aims to identify the temporal order of historical events, is part of the discipline of history. The concept is also used in other areas of knowledge to relate historical facts in chronological order. No event in history that does not arise from others that have preceded and not come be a source of other more or less important. All great civilizations have adopted various methods, using the course of the heavenly bodies, to measure time. The varying success of this operation is more or less depended on the respective people advance in astronomical knowloedge. Also have influenced the calculation of the days, months and years, religion, historians and even the political habits and civil rights of people."

First, the Chronology as a tool of history, is social. The Chronology orders social facts, but not within its jurisdiction the nature and measure of time. The Philochrony classifies things according to their duration, does not establish an order of occurrence between them. Philochrony also offers an explanation of the nature of time with the becoming-time duality.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:48 am
Sibilia wrote:
The secuoya tree.

While my interest in the matter at hand is purely ephemeral, I have a hard time taking you seriously.

Your comments are not even sibylline.

Must be my "desinterés por lo material".
sibilia

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 07:39 am
@timur,
Quote:
Written by timur:
Must be my "desinterés por lo material".

Hahahahahaha. What was that?
sibilia

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 08:50 am
@sibilia,
To find more information about this new science visit my blog called PHILOCHRONY AND THE BECOMING-TIME DUALITY:
http://philochrony-time.blogspot.com/

Thanks a lot.
0 Replies