Two drives-Two OS's-make a choice?

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:35 am
Longhorn?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:23 am
Hey Deb,
Longhorn is the codename for the cool, next-generation version of Windows coming out in 2006 or a bit later (they haven't decided what the official release name will be yet). Codenames are common with software still under development...eg. Windows 98's codename was Memphis.

Here's a list of codenames used for some other versions of Windows: http://longhornmania.fc2web.com/codename.html
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:08 am
Thankee Monger!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:40 am
I got a message from Roxio saying that while the software I've got isn't compatible with XP that I should be able to get functionality with the software that XP comes packaged with. There's been no evidence of that so far!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:48 am
Roxio is not the CD drive manufacturer. They make CD writing software, NOT hardware or drivers. Yes WinXP's CD-writing software should work, but there's no chance of any CD-writing software working if you do not have the correct device driver installed.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:23 am
I just started XP, and now I've got some functionality, using the software I downloaded, which was from Hewlett Packard, the maker of my writer. Don't ask me to explain how.

If I could make my video discs watchable now, I'd be reasonable happy.
0 Replies