29

I am a Buddhist and if anyone wants to question my beliefs then they are welcome to do so...

ekename

1  
Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 07:15 am
@mushin,
Welcome Mushin.

seems, being, though, affected

"The illusion we are reborn into" is a delusion because physical rebirth is patently absurd which means the interpretation of the teachings are affected to the extent that impossible drivel can't cut the mustard coloured cow.
mushin

1  
Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 02:41 pm
@ekename,
hi ekename thanks for replying, been new and still learning so it's nice coming across fellow seekers that you can kick a idea around with. I've never really chatted to others much about there journey's on the spiritual path. Even thou I became a Buddhist at quite a early age over 40 years now, it's only been in the last couple of months that I've actually started talking to fellow Buddhists. Well ekename your the first person I've spoke to on this site and I hope we bump into each other again soon bless you Mushin.

igm

1  
Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 05:34 pm
@mushin,
mushin wrote:

There is one question thou I would be interested in your opinion on and that's the illusion we are reborn into and how it may have effected the interpretation's of those teachings

Welcome! If we are born with the causes and conditions to meet with an authentic Buddhist teacher who holds an unbroken lineage of authentic Buddhist teachings, then we should listen to those teachings and reflect on their meaning and then meditate in the way prescribed by that teacher.

We should check our understanding of those teachings, based on the activities of hearing, reflecting and meditating, with our Buddhist teacher. In this way we should be able to progress along the path to the realization that there is no path, enlightenment was here all along.
coluber2001

1  
Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:02 pm
@igm,
In this way we should be able to progress along the path to the realization that there is no path, enlightenment was here all along.

That's the statement of a true
mystic.