Which of the following Religious Books do you read the most?

valgalmypal

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:47 am
I read the Bible almost every day because I am a Christian and I enjoy it .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:59 am
maliagar clearly misquoted me. Anyhow, I don't read much religious literature these days, but I don't think there have been many tracts I haven't read. Don't ask me to cite anything, it's been too long. Once I got the fact that the message of all were the same, both conventional and mystic, and only politics made the difference, I gave up reading about religion and just decided to live my life by my heart.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:32 pm
valgalmypal wrote:
I read the Bible almost every day because I am a Christian and I enjoy it .

I'll ditto valgalmypa's remarks.

I regret to say that reading books from other religions has not been one of my priorities. This ignorance of is one I plan to remedy before I leave this life.
0 Replies

Jezzy

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:43 pm
I have read many versions of the bible, Having a husband who grew up in the Jehovah's Witnesses and basicaly believes how they do is quite a tough thing to deal with for a Christian, who doesn't believe in their teachings .. I am a baby still in my studies of religion and the bible, but I do study the bible on a semi daily basis,

I would like to add that just reading a spiritual book like the bible or the Turan and such is not an accomplishment, these books are meant as guides or tools so to speak, they are meant to be studied and learned, as a purpose to live by. They were written for the people to learn the way truth of what is acceptable behavior in G*Ds eyes .. Smile

Well , that is my understanding anyway ...
0 Replies

barhoooooom

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 07:19 am
:-)

I have read the new tesement once, and I really got cnfused, I read the arabic translation of the Bible, and it was very very weak interms of language, I realy would be very happy to know about this, why dont translators into arabic pay any attention to the language? this is really strange.

for the Quran, I have read it cover to cover many many times, each year I read it at least twice from cover to cover, and I read daily some chapters. I memorize most of the Quran and am working on to memorise it all I hope to finish it by the age of 19.

bye the way, what is that picture of the Quran? why does it have that drawing on it? the drawing has nothing to do with Islam, I dont know how it got there.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 08:24 am
barhoooooom- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

barhoooooom

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:49 am
0 Replies

Bricon

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 11:59 pm
Religious books
I read the Bible daily. I believe that the Bible is the true word of God. From personal experience, accepting Jesus as my Savior has enabled me to accomplish things I otherwise would not have been able to. I am aware that this doesn't sound very intellectual, but Jesus is the only one that has proven that he is the Son of God. This might sound like an easy explanation, but Faith is the key. Proving this belief beyond any doubt is impossible. It is a choice each individual must make. This statement will stir the emotions of many, but I only know what I have experienced. The Bible is the guide to moral living today just as it always has been. Ok everyone, let me have it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 05:58 am
Quote:
Jesus is the only one that has proven that he is the Son of God. This might sound like an easy explanation, but Faith is the key.

I certainly respect your right to believe in what you believe, but when you juxtapose "proven", and "faith", I scratch my head. Faith never proved anything IMO, it is merely wishful thinking. Faith and proof are a contradiction of terms.

Whatever, have a Merry Christmas, and Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bricon

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 05:40 pm
I do not believe they are a contradiction in terms. Jesus performed many miracles (raising the dead, healing the sick etc.) that were witnessed and written down by multiple authors. I along with millions have faith that all this is true. It's just like reading about the Roman Empire. None of us were there, but many authors have written about it and we believe the Roman Empire existed. The difference is the miracles. I believe in miracles.
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:54 pm
The best book
Definitely the best book is the Qur'an. It is so because it is the exact words of God Almighty (in the Arabic ofcourse). Also there is too many proofs in it which brought me to it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 01:16 pm
Re: The best book
QKid wrote:
Also there is too many proofs in it which brought me to it.

Name one of the "proofs" which brought you to it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 01:19 pm
The only "religious" book I read on a regular basis is the financial pages of the San Jose Mercury News. I read it "religiously." c.i.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 01:47 pm
Hello...Happy New Leap Year to you all.
0 Replies

Name

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:32 pm
I am mostly inclined to read the HOLY BIBLE, but i would also like to read the Quran, although i have no disire to read the morman bible. That is something i will not do. They believe in friviolous things that i dare not try to understand.

Edit: (Moderator) Sig. Image removed
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 01:19 pm
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 01:21 pm
I forgot to mention that this discovery in science just ocurred recently. SO now I am asking you, who could have written this 1,400 years ago in the Quran?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 01:44 pm
QKid wrote:
Wow its been a while since i have been to this one. I guess i left u hanging Frank. You wanted 1 proof of Islam from the Quran.

No I didn't. You had said:
Quote:
Also there is too many proofs in it which brought me to it.

So I asked you:
Quote:
Name one of the "proofs" which brought you to it.

That is quite different from asking about "proof of Islam" -- which I would not ask.

Anyway, you now wrote:

Quote:

And you allege that:
Quote:
In these 2 verses from the Quran, it is clear that God Almighty is talking about human embryology.

It is not clear what is being talked about -- let alone that is is talking about embryology. In fact, one has to make a substantial stretch to pretend that it makes that point.

Quote:
And it coinsides with what we know today.

It does not even remotely coincide with what we know today. And it bears as much resemblance to a melting ice cream cone as it does to human embryology.

Quote:
If you compare a fetus to a picture of a leech, you can see the look very similar. Even the well known embryologist Dr. Keith Moore agrees that all of the Sura's talking about embryology is 100% correct. You can look up on it.

If you are correct that Dr. Keith Moore agrees that all os the Sura's talking about embryology is 100% correct, then Dr. Keith Moore is a 100% phony.

Look, Kid, if you want to accept that the Koran is the story of God -- and that it tells you what God expects of humans and what offends God...

...do so.

But if you are going to discuss and debate any of this material in an Internet forum, I suggest you get your ducks in a row first.

There is a better chance of using your reasoning to show that the Koran was speaking of egg drop soup than embryology.

I'm not trying to be nasty, Kid, just direct.
0 Replies

Zar

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 11:57 am
Quran foretold exact dates of the race to the Moon ,1400 years ago:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Historical Facts:
-------------------

http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/2001/04/10/text/p18s1.html

* It began in 1961 with Gagarin in Vostok 1 .
* On July 20th ,1969 Neil Armstrong hopped down from the Lunar
Excursion Module .
* July 20 ,1969 = 5/5/1389 according to the Islamic calendar :see for
yourself :
http://www.rabiah.com/convert/

Surah # 54 ( The Moon) :
--------------------------------

* Has 55 verses .
* Verse 1 speaks about "SPLITTING" the Moon's surface .
* 1389 verses followed after that verse to the end of the Quran.
* From Surah "The Moon" to the end of the Quran ; there're 61 Surahs.
http://www.geckil.com/~harvest/quran/translations/

Compare The Numbers:
------------------------------

*55 verses & 5th day of 5th month

*1389 verses followed & 1389th year

* 7/20/1969= 5/5/1389 ----> the 1st human split the Moon's surface by landing & walking on it ...1st verse of a Surah of 55 verses that was followed by 1389 verses talked about "splitting" the Moon's surface.

* 61 Surahsfrom Surah "The Moon" to the end of Quran
& 1961 was the year that started it all .

* Only GOD could've employed these numbers in such a telling manner.

Deuteronomy 18:18
--------------------------

" I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren , like unto thee , and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him"

Those numbers wouldn't have been that perfect ,had the Quran not been
from GOD .
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:11 am
Frank:
Dont tell me that u are really going to argue on what these verses are talking about. It is so clear. Ignorance must be bliss. And yes it does coincide to what we know today. Tell me which part of these verses does not coincide with our knowledge of science today. You dont have to take my word for it about the Dr. Keith Moore thing. Go look it up on your own. Look at his biography. He is not a "phony" as u put it.

Zar:
Nice ststistics with the numbers and all but those could be just coincidences. It should not be used to prove the Quran. Instead, the Quran should be used to prove the Quran.
0 Replies