Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 01:39 am
Does everything you ever asked, wrote, commented on or posted stay on Facebook forever? I put my Facebook in "inactive" mode and I'm considering reactivating my account. I commented on and posted things that are kind of politically controversial during this last campaign l and I now kind of wish I hadn't done that because many of my friends and relatives are of the opposite party that I am. Any comments?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 02:18 pm
@facebookregretter,
No. No comments.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 02:28 pm
@facebookregretter,
You can delete individual comments.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 04:09 pm
@facebookregretter,
You have the ability to control who can view your posts on Facebook.

You can set up lists of various friends and limit the viewing of your posts to any of those lists.

For instance, you could set up a list with just one friend's name on it and change the privacy on those old posts so that only the one friend on that list can view them.
jessiebear

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 06:11 pm
@facebookregretter,
You know the answer.
0 Replies

facebookregretter

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 04:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
Dear Butrflynet: thanks for your reply. So there's no way to delete everything on your facebook account? Thanks.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 09:13 pm
@facebookregretter,
Nope. Once something is put on the internet, no matter where you post it, it is basically there forever in one form or another, even if the site allows you to delete it from a specific location.

Search engines are constantly scanning websites and making cached copies of website content. People may have copied what was posted and posted it elsewhere. Advertising sites will sometimes copy product reviews and promotions and post them on their own pages.

There are lots of ways that what you post stays around forever. That's why people are constantly told to be careful about how much of their info they post and where they post it.
0 Replies