search engines and categories?

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:42 am
I just changed my forum title yesterday by removing and adding some words that kept my old position but also added a new keyword. Google at least already reflects my change but doesn't list me for the new keyword. Is that just a matter of time or is there something I can do? The keyword I added in the title was "apologetic" which has always been a part of my site it's just now I added it to the title, since it's a forum it's not easy to control content. But would articles in the knowledge base mod for phpbb help to identify my site with that keyword?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:03 am
What really does a page an association with a keyword is other pages linking to it using that word in the anchor text.
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 08:34 am
Quote:
other pages linking to it using that word in the anchor text.

Are we talking internal or external links?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 09:00 am
khisanthax wrote:
Quote:
other pages linking to it using that word in the anchor text.

Are we talking internal or external links?

Both.

Course, if these are links from a page (internal or external) with no pagerank, it isn't gonna help the keyword association (or anything else) very much.
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 09:04 am
I've got a forum, would google actually give a pagerank to all the pages like it would in a non-forum site? The index has just a list of forums, the forum page has a list of topics, just like this site. so does each page have a page rank?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 02:42 pm
khisanthax wrote:
I've got a forum, would google actually give a pagerank to all the pages like it would in a non-forum site?

Yes, but since it penalizes both dynamic urls and phpbb viewforum and viewtopic pages your pagerank will be 0 unless your site's pagerank is around 8.
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:05 am
well, I have static urls for whatever that's worth . . . thanks
0 Replies