What're the past factors on which the stamina & running speed of a runner depends?

Swapnil

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:02 am
I'm 15 & I'm thinking of starting making myself a runner. I play basketball, do yoga & karate, & have done some bodybuilding.
I just need to know about all the pre-factors on which my stamina & running speed would depend, so that I can work as hard on them as I can.
Are there any genetical factors?
In terms of training, is there something alike my fancy that the more you'll keep running (or exercising) even after you're totally exhausted, the better stamina you'll make? (I saw a movie in which a runner gets totally exhausted and falls on the ground, but on his trainer's order, he gets up with the remaining will & continues to jog.)
(I know all about the diet.)
Thank you if you can help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,713 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 08:08 am
@Swapnil,
Ask your doctor.

And don't get your training advice from fictional movies. Even if they are based on real-life events, they aren't necessarily currently accepted training methods, nor do they necessarily apply to you.
Swapnil

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 12:55 am
@jespah,
Thanks for replying.
I should better consult experts on sports training websites.
0 Replies