How to get crossout

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:04 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Code:
R
around the character you want to strike out.
Ros Rag again thank you for your help but I was hoping to do it in a single keystroke or two (see my posting #….577)

I realize there's a way, creating a routine present at all times using those codes. Unlike my No. 1 Son however I'm no computer programmer but again thanks because if I can enlist his help I thank you for reminding me about that code
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:06 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
It is independent of OS and browser. It depends on the forum software which the web site is running
Yes of course Rag I realize that but as I mentioned, it just isn't a practical approach, having to remember the code for each site

Still thanks loads
contrex

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:06 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
It is independent of OS and browser. It depends on the forum software which the web site is running
Yes of course Rag I realize that but as I mentioned, it just isn't a practical approach, having to remember the code for each site

Still thanks loads

That wan't Rag, that was me.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:12 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
That wan't Rag, that was me.
Sorry Con, an old fella gets confused
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:45 pm
@dalehileman,
I recall a way to do it, but a routine written 17 years ago by a programmer with an IQ of about 0.03

Highlight letter or character
Switch from "Plain Test" to "Rich"
Access "Edit" "Special characters"

….whereupon you will be presented with a selection of 4,351 versions of the character you had highlighted (eg, "Ĥ") . It might require some 15 minutes of concerted scrolling but eventually you'll find the crossout. Highlight it

From this point on the procedure is uncertain. Programming authorities have been working on this perplexing step now for several years with only limited success

…...Furthermore you get only one chance: Once you've selected the "h", "Special Characters" is disabled; though they're working on this problem. One programmer has suggested that to prevent its disappearance you must click on the highlighted character a second time but with your left hand, holding your left foot with your right hand

One of the other reasons for all the complexity is that the typical programmer thinks the more difficult to access a routine the more you'll appreciate his work

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:16 pm
One of these sometimes helps me with crossouts on the screen. They don't care which software I'm using.

http://www.cartooncolor.com/images/sharpiefinepoints8.jpg
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
But you've made my entire week

Incidentally do hou know how to do that without first releasing the photo into the Cloud

I realize you can't just copy-and-paste from your iPhoto because there's no way for the site to access it. Still it's hard to believe that you need to first expose it to the entire digital world
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:54 pm
@contrex,
Wow! Thanks for those details. This sure sounds pretty useful to me.

But then again, I'm a man of unusual tastes - Italians, redheads and Belgian beer and chocolate.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:57 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Italians, redheads and Belgian beer and chocolate.
Quote:
Rag I'll go for the beer and chocolate but can you provide a link to Con's posting
contrex

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 03:02 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

can you provide a link to Con's posting

What posting?
Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 03:33 pm
@contrex,
He lost me there, too. Dale is handing out GPS
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 04:24 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
What posting?
The one referred to in Rag's #….679
mesquite

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:04 pm
@dalehileman,
The link was directly below Ragman's avatar in this post.
http://able2know.org/topic/218459-2#post-5389679
dalehileman

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:37 am
@mesquite,
Aha thanks Mes
0 Replies