Two Images in the Same Post--How?

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:43 pm
I'm having trouble (find it impossible) to post more than one image in the same post.

I open BBCCode Editor and click on Img. This is fine for the first image, but when I click on it again for the second image, the brackets fall in the wrong place. I move them. Then when I click on reply, there's no image at all--just a link to one of the images.

I've seen more than one image in a post, so I know it can be done. How?

BTW, please respond in noncomputerese. I'm semiliterate in that area.

Thanks.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:51 pm
@Roberta,
Try spacing a few times before you try to add the second image, so that you can see the [img][/img] more clearly. That's how I did it the first few times.

oh, and use preview liberally so you can watch what's happening
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:51 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, it doesn't matter if the img brackets are next to each other, the
picture in the end will be underneath the first one. Something like this

[img]firstpicture[/img] [img]secondpicture[/img]
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
http://very-bored.com/pics2/cuteanimals/cute-animals-1.JPG
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/24/animals_up_for_adoption.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:55 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, when you quote my post with the 2 pictures, you'll see exactly how
it is presented.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:04 pm
@Roberta,
Here's a screen recording of me doing it (ignore the part where I try to copy the preview button, it's a background and can't be copied as easily);

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
http://www.wildcatconservation.org/cheetah%20running%20P%20Cromer.jpghttp://american.edu/ted/images3/Growling.jpg

Jane, I followed your suggestion.

Robert, Those images were too fast for me, but I noticed copying and pasting, something I don't do. Should I?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:08 am
@Robert Gentel,
THAT WAS SO COOL!
Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:22 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

THAT WAS SO COOL!

I agree. Watched it again just for fun.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:29 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I open BBCCode Editor and click on Img. This is fine for the first image, but when I click on it again for the second image, the brackets fall in the wrong place. I move them. Then when I click on reply, there's no image at all--just a link to one of the images.

I find the BBcode editor not as friendly as the old one, where you could insert different things at any place.

It's definitely not as responsive. What I end up doing is manually typing in the code that I need, where I need.

It would be really nice to have the old BBcode back. Is this possible?
jespah

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:56 am
@Reyn,
You can put the code anywhere you want. Click where you want the code and hit the button.
Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:25 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

You can put the code anywhere you want. Click where you want the code and hit the button.

Jes, I must be doing something wrong, as when I try this, it seems to put it at the end of a block of print, if I've copied and pasted it into the window. Or, a second set of code will go in between another set. For example, something like this:
[code1][code2][/code2][/code1]

Most times, I get frusterated and just type in the code manually. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:31 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

jes, I haven't found this to be the case. I'm getting the hang of things, but manual manipulation is required. The img-in-brackets thing doesn't land where I think it should. I've learned to move it where I want it. Lately this has worked.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 05:42 am
When you've typed whatever else you want to type, go to wherever in the post you want to put the image or whatever and click the BB Code editor button that applies thereto. For example, I typed that first sentence, then highlighted "whatever" and clicked the B in the BB Code Editor. Worked like a charm.

As for images, quotes and code, when you click the appropriate BB Code button, your cursor automatically lands in between the tags. This is because that's where you need to type or paste in order to get the tags to work properly.

Try this experiment.

1. Find some picture you like, whatever it is, and copy the link for it.
  2. Open a reply window
  3. Click the Img button in the BB Code Editor
  4. Without moving your cursor any more, click Ctrl-V on your keyboard
  5. This should paste the image link
  6. Click preview, admire your handiwork
  7. Click reply
  8. Perform a short interpretive dance (okay, this part is optional)
Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 06:07 am
@jespah,
jes, Everything you say is true--for image 1. It's that second one I'm having trouble with. Tried to post two images last night on the animals thread (with words in between). Got so frustrated, I gave up. I may resume posting one at a time.
Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 06:14 am
@Roberta,
Back with an edit. I just posted an image. I typed a word, opened bbcode, and clicked on image. The cursor fell in the middle of the word I typed. No big deal. I moved it. Just letting you know.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 09:53 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, I think I've got it now, according to Jes' instructions above.

The key to do this successfully is to highlight the text the you want code to go around and then click the appropriate code button in the editor.

I have experimented with this several times and it's worked for me every time.

So, in other words, you would use the img brackets for a photo. You put the first url line in, highlight it, click the img button. Repeat for the 2nd url, and you will have it.
Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 10:16 pm
@Reyn,
Thanks, Reyn. I'll give it a try.
0 Replies