Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:21 am
With "Not guilty" July 14 my conservative streak is hardly surprised. If somebody sat on me banging my head against the ground I'd doubtless be inclined to shoot him. However in my otherwise liberal nature I've noted the Panoply of Enforcement often resorts to its weapon before it's clear that the supposed perpetrator threatens deadly force, as when he reaches for a handkerchief. Hence why couldn't The Establishment be encouraged to favor the non-lethal weapon, let's say using rubber bullets or such.

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:27 pm
@dalehileman,
Not living there, I really have no insight as to the mentality of pro gun people, but I bet that the answers you get ( assuming you get any), will probably include the words pinko, liberal, self defence, liberty and amendment.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 02:05 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Those pinko, liberal, self defence, liberty and amendment rubber bullets can be just as lethal at close range, and accuracy sufferes at a distance. Furthermore, those pinko, commie rubber bullets encourage more shootings than their reliable, right - thinking, conservative lead bullets. Sir!
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 02:07 pm
@roger,
Told you! Very Happy
roger

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Check!
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:45 pm
@roger,
indeed. Does one purchase rubber loads from Goodyear? Dunlop? Are they radials or bias ply ?

These are important questions that need answering before loading up our pistolas and stalking punks
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 07:25 pm
Why not a Tazer?

Rap
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 08:02 pm
Ever seen a rubber bullet? They're bigger than a shotgun shell. They can do some serious damage and have been known to kill.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 08:05 pm
@dalehileman,
I believe that the standard NRA-approved (and quite sensible) answer you'll get is that a firearm loaded with rubber bullets is no match to a firearm wielded by some high-as-a-kite evildoer which is loaded with hollow-point state-of-the-art dum-dum ammo. It's the same argument as "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." You don't go up against someone who's trying to kill you with a weapon fully loaded with lethal live ammo when all you have is what amounts to a toy gun firing rubber projectiles. Of, course, as has already been said, at close range rubber bullets can be just as lethal as lead, defeating the very purpose of using them.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 10:35 am
@Lustig Andrei,
In my own defense, I did say, "…or such"

Surely in a scientific environment where sending rockets to the moon got so easy we quit doing it 43 years ago, the Technical Establishment could come up with something better
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:07 pm
@dalehileman,
Im waiting for personal "Energy Shields" or "Cloaking Devices" so that nothing can penetrate.

I don't want to have my old age be as empty and full of self loathing as DAve
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:26 pm
why couldn't The Establishment be encouraged to favor the non-lethal weapon, let's say using rubber bullets or such.

Because you could shoot out your eye.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 07:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I don't want to have my old age be as empty and full of self loathing as DAve
Ok but who's he
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:34 pm
@dalehileman,
our DAve, the little guy who serves meals at DENSA meetings and makes you eat because he packs a 50 caliber Talon.
0 Replies