best movie lines

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 08:42 am
I crack up everytime I think of John Travolta's character Tony in Sat. Night Fever saying:

"You make it with some of these chicks, they think you gotta dance with them all night."

Besides "I'll be back" and "Go ahead and make my day" what's your favorite movie line?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 4,945 • Replies: 26
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 08:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
Shameless bump, since we all have the time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 08:31 pm
You can't handle the truth.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:17 am
How about the famous, “I’ll have what she’s having!’’
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:52 am
Then I'll be the fairest in the land.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 10:35 pm
"That's it man! Game over! That's game over, man!"

- You should know the movie. It's the best movie made. 1986
Sturgis

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:13 pm
@McGentrix,
Aliens was good the first time I saw it. Maybe even the second. By the third time it had lost much of its charm, energy and surprise.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 10:55 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Aliens was good the first time I saw it. Maybe even the second. By the third time it had lost much of its charm, energy and surprise.

The fourth through 8th time brings back the charm. 9th time you see details missed previously missed. 10th-28th time is just for enjoyment.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 11:05 am
Leila: What about our relationship?
Otto: What?
Leila: Our relationship.
Otto: **** that.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 11:49 am
Esmeralda:
What is your name?

Butch:
Butch.

Esmeralda:
What does it mean?

Butch:
I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean ****.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 11:54 am
Major Groper, (wearing a Nazi uniform): I refuse to wear this uniform.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 03:29 pm
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:52 am

Quite a few in there that haven't been mentioned and a couple that have. Schwarzenegger sure does make a lot of memorable quotes...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Major Groper, (wearing a Nazi uniform): I refuse to wear this uniform.

There was a movie where an Italian officer during WWII stands in front of a mirror and says, "How the hell do you expect to win a war with uniforms like this." Great Italian accent...great line.

I just cannot find the movie. I looked at all the David Niven movies (I think he may have been in it) and several of the Italian actors movies...but cannot find it.

Great line anyway.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
The film I’m referencing is the Ninth Configuration. It’s one of my favourite films, a bit like Apocalypse Now meets One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.

It’s about a psychiatric hospital for soldiers during the Vietnam war. It’s set during the end where most people thought the war was unwinnable. The suspicion was that many patients were faking it.

One day a new psychiatrist joins and he allows the patients to indulge their fantasies. In this scene the patients had said they wanted to play escape from Colditz so they wanted the personnel dressed up as Nazis.

It’s a very good film, incredibly funny to begin with then half way through it flips and becomes deadly serious.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think the film may be Escape From Athena. Sonny Bono plays an Italian POW and David Niven is in it too, also a POW.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think the film may be Escape From Athena. Sonny Bono plays an Italian POW and David Niven is in it too, also a POW.

Thanks. Might be. I'll check it out.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 10:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
It also stars Telly Savalas.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 12:56 pm
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It also stars Telly Savalas.

Yeah, I looked it up. That is not the one I'm thinking of. It seems to me that Raf Vallone was the Italian officer making the comment, but it was a long time ago, and I cannot remember for sure. I've searched Ninen, Vallone...but can't come up with it.

For some reason I think that if I heard the name of the movie, I would remember it just from the name.