placing commas at correct position

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 10:07 am
I have an unorthodox writing style. So I know the rules for placing commas but they don't seem to always apply to my sentences. Will somebody take the following except form my book and show me where the commas should go that way I have more of an idea about it.

[txt]
When the client application connects to the server the server side (main.asc) onConnect function does several things. First it increments a counter variable (application.cou0) that tracks the number of clients that have connected to the server. Finally the server side script (main.asc) uses this variable as a unique reference to the connected application instance.
Next the (onConnect) function starts the server side Ping function (serverPing) notice that this interval is inside an if statement which after executing 1 time will disable its self. This is coded like this, so that you don’t have a new interval starting every time a user connects that would cause unwanted memory use on the server.
[/txt]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 01:16 pm
@calmchess,
When the [a?] client application connects to the server, the [its?] server-side (main.asc) onConnect function does several things: First it increments a counter variable (application.cou0) that tracks the number of clients connected to the server. Next the server-side script (main.asc) uses this variable as a unique reference to the connected application instance.[
? Chess consider clarification ]

Finally the onConnect [no paren above so presume you don't need it here either] function starts the server-side Ping function (serverPing). Notice that this interval [What interval?, not clear] is inside an "if" statement which after executing once will disable itself. This coding prevents a new interval starting[not sure it's needed] every time a user connects, [an unnecessary accessory? attachment? procedure? routine?] that would otherwise cause unwanted memory use on [of? by?] the server.

Forgive me Calm if I'm off base here and there, I'm guessing, it's all Chinese to me. Maybe we'll get further response from someone versed in the digital arts
0 Replies

calmchess

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:34 pm
your comments are respected by me. I haven't wrote much of anything since high school I'm just getting my wings back. Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 07:37 am
Use a comma after words that list things in a series.

First, ........

Second, ...........

Next, .......

Finally, ..........
0 Replies