777 Crashes on Landing in San Francisco

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 07:54 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I heqrd that the Montgolfier Brothers wrote to you and asked what you thought of their new hot fart flying machine
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:01 pm
I fly in and out of this airport regularly; about eight times a year. Sorry to learn about this tragedy which cost two 16 year old girls lives with many injuries.

I've flown in the 777 many times, and I have always felt comfortable on these planes - and will continue to be comfortable. I understand they are one of the safest planes flying today.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:18 pm
@farmerman,
Man who was present at the battle of Gettysburg, hiding out in Jenny Wade's barn,of all places, has no right to talk down to the rest of us old-timers. I'll bet you were there when the Union forces inaugurated the very first recorded aircraft carrier landing by setting a hot-air balloon which had been used for scouting over Confederate lines down onto the deck of a wooden ship. So there.
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:22 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
yes but I was a time traveler not a citizen of the epoch.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:26 pm
@farmerman,
Oh, sure, if you consider taking the Hindenburg across the Atlantic "time travel."
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
777's use some Ti flame shields .
The flame retardant and shielding and the fact that the seats on a 777 are supposed to take 16 G's without popping off their bolts made a crash like this surviveable. Imagine if it were one of the old generation DC-10's?

This one lost its tail, skidded down, then almost totally flipped over (not quite) then flames that melted the top of the fuselage. That jet that climbed too high out of Kbul a few weeks ago just pancaked and blew up.
I was amazed that so few people were actually killed. (HOWEVER) the trauma of spine crushing is gonna probably leave a lot of people disabled for a long time (maybe life)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You were sitting in 11-B when I mysteriously appeared in the cabin. I was the guy who was playing the accordion that sounded like a MOOG
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Geesh, I met farmerman, but didn't realize he's from the time of Gettysburg. He sure holds his age well! Just gotta say.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 11:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You were sitting in 11-B when I mysteriously appeared in the cabin. I was the guy who was playing the accordion that sounded like a MOOG

Oh yeah. I remember that . . .
0 Replies