Finding Old Computer Parts

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:03 pm
Hi.

Does anyone know where I could find either of these:

Two 256k X 16 - 70NS SOJ DRAM

The 1MB Video Memory Upgrade Kit for Packard Bell Computers from Kingston (P/N KPB-V600/1)

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 752 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:55 pm
I think I suggested this to you once before, or maybe it was somebody else ... anyhow, have you tried Processor-dot-Com yet? I didn't look specifically for those components, but I did check, and typing "Packard Bell" into the search box brought up something just under 18,000 hits from among their associated-vendor for-sale database. If anybody's got what you're looking for, I'll wager its gonna be listed there, or you'll at least be able to track down a vendor who does have it. That outfit is amazing ... just about every computer recycling firm known lists stuff there. Its sorta like the National Parts Finder Service used by auto salvage yards, only for computers and peripherals. The downside is, if you find what you're looking for, you might have to buy a bunch of it ... a lot of whats there is offered only as fixed lots ... but the stuff, particularly older, former-consumer-market stuff, is usually cheap enough to make that practical.
0 Replies

Robert2513

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:40 pm
Thanks.

I do believe you did give me that website before and I feel like a complete idiot because I forgot to check it out!!! Sorry about that.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 09:28 am
No problem ... no need to feel like an idiot, either ... I wasn't sure myself if I'd offered it to you or to someone else. Hope you find what you're lookin' for ... that place can be a lot like frog huntin' ... ya gotta wade through an awful lotta swamp 'fore ya find what you're after Laughing
0 Replies