Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:51 am
What is an Industrial Diesel Generator?
It is a large-scale combination of a diesel engine with an electrical engine, used to generate electricity. It consists of a diesel engine, a generator and various secondary parts such as base, control systems, control circuits and others. A collection of these parts is called a generator set, simply abbreviated to "gen set". Usually having a lot of parts, it is usually taken apart and assembled at the site where it will be used. Depending on what it would be used for, the parts of the gen set are particularly picked out. Diesel generators could range from 8 to 2000 kVA, which could be used for producing electricity for homes and small offices to larger offices and factories either during power shortages or for added electricity for bigger functions.
Now, that we know what it is who would want such a large and heavy weight industrial generator? At the start of WW I, war ships needed extra power for better and faster propulsion that speeds them up and give them a larger chance of victory during wars. Today, ship owners would want it solely for faster product deliveries in cross-country transactions. Not only ships would need diesel generators, it is also used by many other establishments - from houses, to shops, to factories of each size. It is used for emergency electricity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 584 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Fri 5 Jul, 2013 08:51 am
@DeebeeGensets,
WRONG! Industrial Diesel generators generate industrial strength Diesel branded jeans!
0 Replies