SUDDEN REPEATED POP-UP?

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:41 am
Today on A2K I've noticed a popup banner appear every time I change from one thread to another. It's for Paypal, and it's getting bloody annoying.

Is it a new addition to A2K? Or have I picked up a little sod of a bug somewhere.

I don't mind the once, and I understand that it might bring in revenue, but every single time I browse another thread, there it is, the little banner that creeps up from the bottom with a guy grinning at me....close it down and a minute later he's there again.

AAAAARRRGH!

Is it just me? If so, how can i get rid of the little swine?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,559 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
Haven't seen that one. I do notice that when I google my way into a commercial site there is often a barrage of ads from that particular merchant. I put up with two months of advertisements from a particular tire maker, and they didn't go away till I deleted all cookies.
jespah

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:49 am
@Lordyaswas,
It ain't us, so far's I'm aware.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:49 am
@roger,
Yep, did all that....twice. Went through all the settings (samsung tablet - android), cleared all unnecessary stuff, even switched everything off and on again two or three times....just the same.

I just wondered whether the hamsters had signed up for something that would help keep things afloat and all that.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:51 am
@jespah,
OK....thanks jes.

It must be me.....

<sob>

Reminds me of that time I kept getting ads for kitchenware.
And those leather things.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:16 pm
It's still happening.

I've been on four different forums (fora?) now and nothing. As soon as I come and open up A2K again, there it is.
It doesn't do it when I'm on the main menu, but as soon as I enter in to a thread, five seconds later, there it is.

It does make me wonder why it's only happening here.

Any ideas?
0 Replies