Christian Usergroup: What does it mean to be a Christian

husker

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:09 pm
I don't know how it works for sure myself - was under the thinking \ understanding:
1. had to be a member to post
2. don't know about reading or if membership required to read (because how do you get new members to join if you didn't know)
3. Maybe it's an honor system?

I think someone should try and contact the group leader and also the A2K support to get clarification.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:16 pm
I got an email from the moderators today. There are no longer any groups that you have to be a member of to post. Anyone can post in any forum. They have no intention of changing this. I can forward you the email if you'd like?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:19 pm
na - tha't ok - just so me know Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:24 pm
o'tay, now you kno!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:26 pm
Oddly, MA, I had a pm from someone who couldn't post in one of your Debate Room threads. I gave the best advice I was able.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:29 pm
Well, I am thoroughly confused now. I received this email from the A2K Moderators today:

There is no Christian debate room. This misconception has arisen because (a) there used to be some separate private forums, but there aren't any more (and we will not be bringing them back, unfortunately it was a great deal of work for the Moderating Team) and (b) there is a Christian users group, although there are also Conservative and Liberal user groups as well. It's possible that the misconception lingers, too, because longer-term members of the user group are mistaken. And so it goes. Smile

Quite a while back, there were more plans for the Debate Room and these were linked to the user groups, but the resources needed to follow through with what we had originally wanted to do have fallen through. Yet the user groups remain, although at this point in time they don't have much of a purpose except for access into the Debate Room forum.

I have added the words Christian Usergroup to the title of your topic. However, as you have probably surmised, this does not prevent other people from joining in the topic. That is the way Able2know is; it is a lively discussion forum frequented by people of all types and with all types of opinions.

Sincerely,
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:45 pm
"Why is it that a community that talks so much about supernatural transformation shows so little of that transformation? We will have to be men and women who embody the message that we are preaching, whose lives are faithful to the claims we are making."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:00 am
Husker,

I am so glad that you brought that up. I have been PMming with someone else on A2K about my feeling the need to defend God as I do. He made me see something I wasn't seeing at all.

All the time I thought I was standing up for God, I was actually playing into my ego. It's a bit more detailed then that but I think you can get my meaning.

So, I am seriously looking at how I do converse with those that do not believe. I am very grateful that someone did get through to me about this. If I am misrepresenting the Lord in any way then I need to fix it.

Love ya!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:04 am
I was trying - I'm glad that someone else was there that did spell it out
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:05 am
now who was it?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:14 am
It's something, isn't it? You trying to tell me essentially the same thing and I didn't hear it from you?

I hear it from someone who has lost their faith and not too sure about how they feel about God right now. I know His ways are mysterious, but, man, this just blows my mind.

Please understand that just because I did not do the receiving from you it means I think any less of you. I just find it ironic the messengers we listen to sometimes.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:17 am
like where does it say only a messenger cannot have something to hear?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
Oh and no problem
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:19 am
This show "The Book of Daniel" different - really kind of interesting
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:19 am
Very Happy That's just it. It doesn't say it! Guess we just condition ourselves to look for certain messengers maybe?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:21 am
Having a personal relationship with God, through His Son Jesus Christ is a wonderful thing. To know that there is a place prepared for us is a comfort and a joy. Being a Christian means never having to say you are sorry.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:34 am
Intrepid,

Thank you. I find you to be pretty special. I am very grateful for the Christian friends I have here on A2K.

Husker,

So, does the show mock Christianity or not? We didn't get it here where I am.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:36 am
Momma

yeah sort of - but alos a dumb but real humanness
0 Replies