Prolonged estate settlement, slandered by sister...kept out of residence that have lived in for past

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 10:07 am
Mother passed on 27, Feb. 2013; recorded will which have copy and am named as 1 0f 4 heirs. Sister used slander along with personal relationship with certain local cops to have me arrested on unfounded charge while filing injunction keeping me from coming back to my residence. Have bona-fide and people to testify on my behalf. Over saw care of mother while sister did not even converse with mother for years and not while mother was hospitalized dying with stage 4 cancer;of which I tried to relate for 2 years to her and other sisters. Any and all advice will be much appreciated; can anyone give name of attorney that could me? Will have to pay from proceeds from estate settlement; also would like to sue as I and others believe civil and maybe criminal laws have been breached!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 535 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:44 pm
@honestjohn777,
Why didn't you ask or disclose this in your other post?

In relation to being arrested by a cop with personal relationships to your sister - you must lodge a complaint in writing with the police dept, and also send a letter to your local political member at the same level of govt that has authority over the police (there are three usual levels : local, state, and federal - whichever of those levels controls the police dept). Particular Police Officers should never investigate matters where there is an obvious conflict of interest for that officer (and that's what you'd make the complaint about). Keep a copy of your letters.

In most places if you are arrested and imprisoned, you must also be charged (I dare-say only third world countries differ). As it looks like you spent some time locked up - you will have a court appearance. Courts can find a charge to be vexatious, and can award costs against police.

I'd be interested to know the specifics of the Injunction the prevented you from going home - Most western countries have laws designed to specifically avoid evicting people on short notice - because doing so can effectively make a person homeless with no warning.

You don't say where you are from. But most places have billboards advertising lawyers, your phone company should also put out a business directory that you can look lawyers up in, and you can check on the internet. See a few of them and see what they offer before you decide.
0 Replies