Giving up custody

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 05:45 pm
My wife's cousin (15) was sexually abused by her biological father in oklahoma all throughout her life up until 2 years ago. She has come to live with us in California. We are trying to get custody of her from her biological father. What is the process of doing so? IF he is willing to sign over custody of her to us, how do we do that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 824 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 06:41 pm
Why don't you get a simple guardianship? That can be done in Family Court.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Giving up custody
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 02/22/2019 at 07:03:47