Imagine ... (A German piano player entertaining demonstrators and policemen in Istanbul)

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 07:04 am

Quote:
German pianist Davide Martello started to play the piano on Thursday night in Taksim Square and has continued to play non-stop for the next 12 hours.

His main aim is to unite people for peace, he said.

"I am just playing because I want to show peace and not to attack people. I want to manipulate with music people's mind, the police's mind," he said.

"I will continue to send until Erdogan stops. I will fight with my piano until Erdogan says 'Stop, we will talk'," said Martello.

He came to Turkey from Germany, carrying his piano in a small van. [*]
*Actually, he didn't come from Germany but from Sofia, where he had played before; he wanted to drive back home ...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,447 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 09:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
An accordian player doing a nice polka might be more appropriate to divert the crowd to peaceful (dancing) pursuits.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 09:48 am
@Foofie,
Obviously the Turkish people knew the Beatle songs - I'm not sure, if they are acquainted with polkas.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 10:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Interesting man, good for him (in my opinion).
0 Replies