What was the main reason that Germany lost w.w.2?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 01:01 pm
@count markovalley,
Germany, as is Japan, are too small to become occupiers of large areas of this planet.
count markovalley

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 03:12 pm
The reason A.H. moved against Poland was because the British gave the poles unlimited backing. This only made the pollacks that much more obstinate. While it was a set up to entrap germany in another war;the pollacks got their comeuppance...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 03:20 pm
Ooops ! ! ! Somebody's been eating handfuls of stupid pills again . . .
parados

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 03:50 pm
@Setanta,
I guess Hitler lost because the Polish people didn't agree to being annexed by Germany like they should have.
0 Replies

count markovalley

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 03:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
some countries start out small and expand. ever read anything about american history. Why was the american westward expansion o.k. for the usa but not for german eastward expansion?
Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 03:56 pm
Those insidious Poles . . . so untrustworthy ! ! !
0 Replies

count markovalley

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:53 pm
sometimes I think Germany lost because A.H. was too much of a gentleman. Had he been more like Stalin ,it could've made a big difference.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 06:07 pm
@count markovalley,
You're talking about another time. Alexander the Great, Genghis Kahn, and Temerlane the Great conquered the greater parts of Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. It was a time when marching armies, transportation, and communication were slow, and weapons were archaic.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 06:08 pm
@count markovalley,
A gentleman? Have you not heard of the holocaust? How about the starvation of the Russians?
mysteryman

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 06:11 pm
This "count" person surely cant be this stupid. Methinks he is yanking our collective chain.
count markovalley

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
why yes, I have heard . but that came late in the game. guess i should've made it clear . By being too much of a gentleman i meant he should've taken the gloves off much earlier ,like in 1940. instead of letting all the limeys escape at dunkirk ,he should've mowed them down. instead of taking back talk from gen franco, he should've just occupied gibralter and then suez. ;blocking entrance to the med.
instead of playing the diplomatic game with hungary and romania he should've just moved in. As stalin would've done and did in finland .
remember stalin didn't have to deal with military elitists .
the junker minded wehrmact officers had to be dealt with gently at times. They didn't have the stomach that stalin's commisars became noted for.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 07:19 pm
@count markovalley,
Trying to rewrite history is a waste of time; what happened is what happened.
Wars are won or lost on what decisions are made on the battlefield. That's a simple lesson even many children understand - similar in sports.
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:37 am
All of count malarkey and Gunga Dim's havering and posturing taken aside, the fact is that Germany was not prepared nor able to successfully prosecute the war they started, and ultimately paid the price. There was no way they could win, and the constant interference of that idiot Hitler just served to make more people suffer--outside Germany and ultimately inside Germany.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:43 am
@Setanta,
Plus he only had one ball.....

I have sudden deja vu.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 10:47 am
@count markovalley,
count markovalley wrote:
why yes, I have heard . but that came late in the game. guess i should've made it clear . By being too much of a gentleman i meant he should've taken the gloves off much earlier

It sounds like you think it would have been better if Nazi Germany had won the war?

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:21 am
He's a resident of La-la Land. As though the German armies of 1940 could have just rolled through Spain to take Gibraltar; as though he could have just "taken" Suez. How was he going to do that, with the German navy? Ah-hahahahahahahahaha . . .

Maybe he thinks they could have just rolled through Yugoslavia, Bulgaria and Turkey and into Palestine. This clown has no conception of the realities of either geography or of the military potential of the Germans in 1940. He, along with is new buddy Gunga Dim, continue to believe that the German army was superior to any other army, and that their equipment was superior to any other army. The British, French and Belgian troops escaped from Dunkirk because the Germans were unable to break through the defenses in time to stop the evacuation. This clown has zero knowledge to apply to his fantasies. Apparently, like Gunga Dim, he thinks Hitler could just have waved his magic wand and made it so.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:58 am
@Setanta,
Actually, the magic potion only worked for Asterix, Obelix et. al. ....
They should have researched that. Or tried to get it ... in Armorica.
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
They were afraid of the Armoricans . . .

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44184000/jpg/_44184672_asterix_416.jpg
0 Replies

count markovalley

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:00 pm
@contrex,
depends on your point of view. are you concerned about immigration ?
Are you concerned about black and latino crime?
Are you concerned about the rise of degeneracy?
Are you concerned about the decline in education and the overall culture?
who ya gonna call? this time around ; NOBODY!
count markovalley

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
no one is trying to rewrite history. but have we learned anything from it?
did you believe there were WMDS in iraq? then you learned nothing and you really know nothing.
0 Replies