Privacy violations hurt and why bullying is hard to stop

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 11:07 pm
My bullies, throughout my life, have chosen violate my privacy as much as possible. They disguise the harassment for why they bringing things up. Over my life, my bullies have tended to try to ask questions when I'm off guard and spread personal things about me through gossip.

Do many people find the main reason it is hard to complain about bullying is that the content of harassment is so personal and private, it defeats the purpose of complaining? You have to make a record of it to some director, head of department etc. And that person in charge probably knows about the type of people he/she employs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 876 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 05:21 am
@BioChem1,
BioChem1 wrote:
... And that person in charge probably knows about the type of people he/she employs.

Not necessarily. And even if they do, formal complaints mean the creation of a record, the kind of thing that the complainer can take to the boss's superior, the press or the courts, if necessary.
BioChem1

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 02:05 pm
@jespah,
"boss's superior, the press or the courts, if necessary."

The press would be a tremendous fear for creating a written record. That's one of the reasons I made the original post. Privacy violations seem hard to deal with if the people in charge don't care. The people in charge need to be sensitive to this type of bullying.
jespah

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 06:45 am
@BioChem1,
Then tell them. Don't expect them to be mind readers.
0 Replies