Did Jesus Actually Exist?

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:46 am
@Setanta,
Stop beating up newcomers, Pedanta. This guy layman is only a racist in your crippled little mind.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So, in your opinion...asking the answer to the actual topic of the thread is avoidance and deflection...huh?

Even you should be able to see the absurdity of your position, Argome.

More deflection , and maneuvering away from what you and I were talking about on your part and... trying to manipulate. That's routine of you.
You know I was talking about the difference between a physical item as oppose to an ideology.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:59 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

Quote:
So, in your opinion...asking the answer to the actual topic of the thread is avoidance and deflection...huh?

Even you should be able to see the absurdity of your position, Argome.

More deflection , and maneuvering away from what you and I were talking about on your part and... trying to manipulate. That's routine of you.
You know I was talking about the difference between a physical item as oppose to an ideology.

Yes...and if that were the topic...it might mean something. As it is, it is merely deflection, avoidance and maneuvering on your part. Even you should be able to see that.

But the topic, Argome, is "Did Jesus actually exist?"

My answer (and I will flesh this out a bit) is: I do not know.

I do know this...at some point in history someone (or several someones) rethought the Jewish position...and decided that rather than following the rather severe dictates of a god that was, in my opinion, barbaric...they would move in a new direction with love, understanding, tolerance, and forbearance being more important than the older structure.

This came to be known as Christianity…and is still in place, although, once again in my opinion, in a corrupted form.

So I ask you, Argome, if you can detach yourself from the avoidance and deflection in which you are mired…did Jesus actually exist?

argome321

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yes...and if that were the topic...it might mean something. As it is, it is merely deflection, avoidance and maneuvering on your part. Even you should be able to see that.

But the topic, Argome, is "Did Jesus actually exist?"

My answer (and I will flesh this out a bit) is: I do not know.

I do know this...at some point in history someone (or several someones) rethought the Jewish position...and decided that rather than following the rather severe dictates of a god that was, in my opinion, barbaric...they would move in a new direction with love, understanding, tolerance, and forbearance being more important than the older structure.

This came to be known as Christianity…and is still in place, although, once again in my opinion, in a corrupted form.

So I ask you, Argome, if you can detach yourself from the avoidance and deflection in which you are mired…did Jesus actually exist?

More deflection and misdirection. The game never changes with you. Rolling Eyes
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:17 am
@argome321,
Sorry to interject, but isn't stone just another medium on which people have written or drawn stuff? No need to fetish it as somehow superior to other media. Whether something is "carved in stone" or scribbled on parchment makes no difference to me. It's more durable but essentially similar to other supports.

And opposing ideology and archaeology misses a lot. All the tombs and all the palaces ever built were filled to the brim with ideological messages. A pyramid (or a cattle) is not just piles of stones, nor even just a tomb or a house. It is also a statement, a message.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:56 am
@argome321,
I think it is time for you to go to your room, Argome...until you are able to play nicely with others.

argome321

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 11:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I think it is time for you to go to your room, Argome...until you are able to play nicely with others.

Actually you should take your own advice and stop being disingenuous.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 11:56 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

Quote:

Actually you should take your own advice and stop being disingenuous.

Not yet. We'll let you know when you can come out. But first you have to calm down...and stop pouting.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6RKRXqSZrDLGYdDdqh4Pg7L8o6Zz77WeNNDZANR67Xu-sFCPk
argome321

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 12:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And that is your idea of adult behavior. I know I should never expect anything less from you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 01:44 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

And that is your idea of adult behavior. I know I should never expect anything less from you.

Back to your room! Get over the petulance.

http://drk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/petulant-child.jpg
argome321

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 01:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I expect this you from you...deflection, avoidance, manipulation and control.
it's adult childish behavior.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 02:07 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

I expect this you from you...deflection, avoidance, manipulation and control.
it's adult childish behavior.

You are never going to get out of the room if you keep this up.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjJ8UnypmXXAoUtRIXuvXJ7_fqsrm8X0j2Ny-lprgo_uwAyr3SqA
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 09:03 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
What we know is that the only sources that were passed on to us are dated to 40+ years after his death.
That is based on styles of writing and words used, but if it is anything like the rubbish derived from pottery styles, I am prepared to ignore it. They could have been written earlier or later.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@layman,
The original meaning of the word nigger was an already burnt stick (blackened) in the wood pile. It would burn the hottest and brightest of the lot, as it had begun the process of turning into charcoal/coal. The original word nigger may be a derivative of Spanish for black - negro. These origins go back way before black slavery to the days when only whites were slaves.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 09:26 pm
@Setanta,
Hey **** for Brains!! I'm back ! Did you miss me ? Still an emotional old man in need of testosterone replacement therapy I see. Never mind, you are always right in your own mind.
Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 09:27 pm
@Setanta,
Jap Jap Jap

Come and get me **** for Brains !
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 09:42 pm
Miracles did not happen.
Walking on water was the term used by priests to baptise from a jetty whilst those undergoing baptism walked in the water.
Turning water into wine was at a wedding when Jesus allowed the filthy peasants to drink wine with the upper class, rather than sit outside and drink water.
Raising Lazarus from the dead was lifting an excommunication placed on him by the Pharisees, where he was effectively dead but Jesus used his position to countermand the order. Lazarus may have been physically buried alive in a cave, they played for keeps in those days.

As a descendant of David when the positions of High Priest and King had been created and the powers were separated and the recent amalgamation of those same powers briefly during the Hasmonean period, Jesus was the true King of the Jews as opposed to Herod who was an Arab, and used his powers many times to show compassion. Obviously this irritated the hell out of the Pharisees who had sided with Herod. "Exiled" with Jesus were the Essenes who had the temple taked away from them and given to the Pharisees for not approving of an Arab King.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 11:08 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Hey **** for Brains!! I'm back ! Did you miss me ? Still an emotional old man in need of testosterone replacement therapy I see. Never mind, you are always right in your own mind.

Sounds like you've had some past "run-ins" with him, Ionus.

I haven't been around here long, but, from what I've seen, Setanta goes out of his way to insult people and deliberately cultivates "enemies." He seems to want to "lay in wait" and then pounce on any "mistake" he perceives with a barrage of invective, insult, ridicule, mockery, etc.

What's up with that? Do others have a completely different perception of him than I do?

I'm sure some do see him in a completely different light. I wonder if they care to discuss their perceptions.
Ionus

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 12:18 am
@layman,
If he stuck to insulting long term members I could ignore him but time and again I saw him hunt down new members on their first post and when they didn't agree with him he abused the hell out of them. He has serious personality problems and I believe it is due to low amounts of testosterone, quite common in aging men, thus the "grumpy old men" saying. He also has an inordinate need to be praised and when that doesn't happen he goes off the deep end. How dare anyone have a different view ! I couldn't list the number of times he left me to a thread because I was right.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 05:12 am
@layman,
We call him pisspot for a reason.

His mental clock stopped ticking halfway through the 70's. That's why anything he'll tell you reflects the consensus in his neck of the wood back then.
0 Replies