Stanley Cup 2013

jcboy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 09:30 pm
If I was Henrik Lundqvist, I'd be pondering my free agency options for the 2014 offseason despite it being only November. The Rangers offense is pathetic and has been since 2006. They are wasting the efforts of one of the best goalies in the world. Sad.
panzade

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 10:15 pm
@jcboy,
True. They lost in their own house to an exhausted team on the night Nash returned. Tuukka was pretty damn good too.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:41 pm
@panzade,
The New York Rangers remain consistently mediocre this season with a 4-3 OT loss to the Devils. Seriously, if we're not going to win the Stanley Cup, can we just finish last for once and get the first overall draft pick? Barely making the playoffs and losing or just barely missing the playoffs is getting old. We stay stuck in the middle of the pack and never get to draft any good young prospects. Recent Cup winners are good because they sucked and got good draft picks. Kane and Toews in Chicago. Crosby and Malkin in Pittsburgh. Even teams that haven't won recently are exciting because of top players like Stamkos in Tampa or Tavares for the Islanders. Rangers, your new mission is to finish last 3 years in a row!
jcboy

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 05:51 am
@jcboy,
Captain Ryan Callahan will miss over a month with a sprained knee. Defenseman Marc Staal has sustained yet another concussion. Rangers lose again. This season is quickly becoming irrelevant.
panzade

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:00 am
@jcboy,
On a night when Ovechkin scored 4 goals to lead the Caps to victory and 40 year-old Panther Tim Thomas smothered Detroit's offense the Rangers put in another listless performance.
I watched the whole game and the Predators were certainly not world-beaters.
Very mysterious.
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:18 pm
@panzade,
Ugh. I love New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist but for the NHL Stadium Series games at Yankee Stadium, he'll be wearing pinstriped leg pads and a specially painted helmet with pictures of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Joe DiMaggio. Vomit!
panzade

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:36 am
@jcboy,
I couldn't believe it

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1565123.1388726404!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image-1-1565123.jpg
jcboy

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:18 pm
@panzade,
Rick Nash of the New York Rangers was having a disappointing season before being named to Team Canada for the Olympics. A lot of people were surprised that he got picked over Marty St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Since he was picked, Nash has apparently turned on beast mode. This bodes well for the Rangers and Team Canada. Not so much for Team USA if we have to play them.
panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:58 pm
@jcboy,
Watched him put goals in in the first minute two nights in a row.
En fuego
jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:03 pm
@panzade,
The Chicago Blackhawks have eliminated the St. Louis Blues in Game 6 of their first round series. The Blues will remain the oldest team in the NHL to have never won a Stanley Cup. In Game 2, Brent Seabrook of the Blackhawks hit David Backes of the Blues in the head and received a 3-game suspension. Seabrook returned from the suspension tonight. Backes missed games 3 and 4 due to the injury. During the traditional handshake line at the end of a playoff series, they shook hands and exchanged a small hug. No grudges, just playoff hockey.
panzade

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:08 pm
@jcboy,
Still. Seabrook's hit sealed St Louis' fate.
What I don't like about playoff hockey.
jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:21 pm
@panzade,
Yes sir! Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 09:25 am
Backes, in addition to being a talented player, is a punk and a cheap-shot artist. That doesn't excuse what Seabrook did. It just puts it in perspective.
panzade

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:30 am
@joefromchicago,
I didn't know that.
In any case, the whole fighting thing is a mysterious tangle of unsaid rules that makes hockey fascinating.
jcboy

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:22 pm
@panzade,
4-0 Flyers. Well, if the Rangers lose Game 7 tomorrow night, at least I can stop caring about hockey and focus on... um... ****. I guess going to the gym and attempting to not be fat by the time EDC comes around. I've already given up on being "hot" for Gay Days. Kinda tired of petty, judgmental gays. (Yay stereotypes!) Razz
panzade

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 09:15 pm
@jcboy,
You made me laugh!
I'm rooting for your Rangers, but they better wake up.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:34 am
@panzade,

Rangers better win, because there's a guy around the corner waving a Flyers flag outside his window -- deep in the heart of Broonz country...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 07:11 pm
The New York Rangers are leading the Flyers 2-0 after 2 periods in Game 7.

I hate to do it but I'm leaving for the gym. I have confidence in Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers' defense. If they win, they advance to play the Penguins in the next round. I don't predict the Rangers winning that series. If they lose, then I don't care about seeing it anyway and I can give up on hockey until I casually watch the Stanley Cup Finals. Razz
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 07:32 pm
@jcboy,

2-1, ~ 5 minutes to go...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 07:36 pm
The first team to score in a game 7 has won the series the last 16 times...don't expect any different.