Stanley Cup 2013

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 02:18 pm
@panzade,
I agree. Were it another goalie, the result would have been far more lopsided!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 07:26 pm
Is it possible for both the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins to lose this series? Hmmm?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 09:49 pm
@jcboy,
Finally a sport I don't care about at all. Curling wins.. (I'm willing to learn, slightly). What's the deal? Whack a duck?
panzade

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 06:33 am
@ossobuco,
I can't explain my passion for hockey but it's the only sport I can watch the whole game...every minute and stay enthralled.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 06:40 am
@panzade,
I feel the same. I watch the puck as it travels, the guys move, hit, block and create action. There's always something to watch. Far more fun in person at the game.

My FL-born neighbor who is a huge sports fan, is mystified with hockey. He has little interest in it, if he has any.

I grew up with it being from Boston and in a family of sports fans. I started following hockey in 1967 from when Bobby Orr came up and they traded for Esposito. It was very exciting times. I remained a fan, although I stopped following it from around the early-'90s onward. I recently got back into it a about 3 yrs ago.
panzade

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 06:47 am
@Ragman,
Another plus is the analysts for NBCN Sports, Mike Milbury, Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick. They really know how to dissect the plays and explain the subtleties of the sport.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 06:57 am
@panzade,
I must agree and say they're head-and-shoulders above other sports analysts without either talking down to the audience. Both experienced watchers and newbies can feel they're entertained ... focusing on the developing plays while not dragging things out for the neophyte watcher. They make the game come alive. there's no cheerleaders there. I still wish it were Don Cherry, though.

I always like Millbury, no matter what the role he plays.

These level of play these 2 goalies are playing at is spectacular.
panzade

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 07:47 am
@Ragman,
Last night Quick showed he's every bit as good.
0 Replies