help to israeli to go to america,how?

moishy

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:45 am
hello i'm israeli 24 years old stuck in life,I'm try to go to america to start a new life (i have american citizenship, but) i have no idea how and i have no place to live there, i'm open also to hear from you on my email [email protected]
thank you

Ragman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:50 am
@moishy,
Exactly what sort of help are you looking for?

My advice is ... stay put until you work out the practical aspects. There's a lot to be said for planning ahead. Also, make sure you have a job or quite a bit of money in reserve so you won't be miserable. Big understatement: Israeli daily life is so very different from life in USA.

If you are looking for helpful information, try this Jewish organization:
http://www.jewishfederations.org/israel-overseas.aspx
Advocate

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:58 am
@moishy,
You might enlist in the US military. You will then have money, housing, work, etc.
moishy

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:24 am
@Ragman,
you know maybe there is people and\or organization to help me first in the housing issue you know, i hate the mentality in israel and love the mentality and the values of america.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:25 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
Enlistment into any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess a Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 - commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.
The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.
The U.S. Government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services within the Department of Homeland Security.
Source: US-Army, FAQ
moishy

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
thank to god i am american citizen
ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 10:43 am
@moishy,
If you are an American citizen, do you not have any relatives (aunts/uncles/cousins etc) in the U.S.?
moishy

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 11:50 am
@ehBeth,
There is, certainly there, but each with their own problems and not pleasant for me to fall on them ... if my grandparents is life so i wasn't have any problems
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 04:01 pm
@moishy,
moishy wrote:

you know maybe there is people and\or organization to help me first in the housing issue you know, i hate the mentality in israel and love the mentality and the values of america.

What is wrong with the Israeli mentality?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:14 pm
@moishy,
moishy wrote:

hello i'm israeli 24 years old stuck in life,I'm try to go to america to start a new life (i have american citizenship, but) i have no idea how and i have no place to live there, i'm open also to hear from you on my email [email protected]
thank you

Just my own opinion, but America is not a Hollywood adventure for those that feel "stuck" in their lives elsewhere. If one doesn't have anything to contribute to America, then why should America roll out the proverbial red carpet for that individual?

Personally, if I was living in Israel, and spoke the language, I would stay there. The biggest reason, in my opinion, is that if a young Israeli man got married to an Israeli woman, he might be happier than marrying many an America woman. Not because anything is wrong with American woman, but Israeli woman likely know how to make an Israeli man happy, while an American woman knows how to make an American man happy. Having American citizenship does not equate to being an acculturated American. Do you get my drift, partner?

Also, if one analyzed one's desires, one might realize that Israel could utilize your efforts more than America can. America has quite enough citizens with little direction already, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Krocker360

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:16 am
try to live in Texas, I heard life is simply there... if you are hard working and resourceful you'll surely have a life.
jespah

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 06:11 am
@Krocker360,
Krocker360 wrote:
try to live in Texas, I heard life is simply there... if you are hard working and resourceful you'll surely have a life.

So nice to know that a state with over 26 million inhabitants can be so easily described in one sweeping generalization of a sentence.

I bet they still use covered wagons there. Oh, please, tell me that they do!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 06:31 am
Moishy, you never mentioned what skills, degrees, experience, etc., you have that would help you make it in the USA. It would be interesting to learn this.
0 Replies

moishy

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 07:07 am
@moishy,
It's not a matter of if I have resourceful or qualifications as it not matter if there is enough citizens to America or not ... It's a completely different question more basic, fundamental, treat to it as a request for help and you will reach out, please.
Ragman

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 07:20 am
@moishy,
I repeat my previous info:

Quote:
If you are looking for helpful information, try this Jewish organization:
http://www.jewishfederations.org/israel-overseas.aspx
moishy

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 11:52 am
@Ragman,
ragman, i already sent them email before you suggested to me, i still wait to them reply.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 12:33 pm
@moishy,
moishy wrote:

It's not a matter of if I have resourceful or qualifications as it not matter if there is enough citizens to America or not ... It's a completely different question more basic, fundamental, treat to it as a request for help and you will reach out, please.

To my knowledge, there is no charity, or welfare for able-bodied men, that will take care of you long-term. You need to plan to take employment almost immediately, and not expect to make much money.

Again, you should consider enlisting in the military. There is a chance it would not take you.
roger

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 01:54 pm
@Advocate,
I'm thinking the military might be a good option for a US citizen, but it will depend on age and the needs of the service.
0 Replies

moishy

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 03:05 am
Yes Ladies and gentlemen, the situation is I'm stuck very well mentally, and my English is not something yet, despite it getting better day by day.
Foofie

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 09:12 am
@moishy,
moishy wrote:

Yes Ladies and gentlemen, the situation is I'm stuck very well mentally, and my English is not something yet, despite it getting better day by day.

The U.S. does not have one standard culture. Life in NYC is very different than other parts of the country, and different regions are different too. Many diverse cultures, religions, ethnicities. Now compare that with Israel. One needs to be very accepting of so much diversity, when coming from a basically homogeneous population, culture, language.

I assume you have your citizenship from being born in the U.S., but then you were taken to Israel at a young age?. Basically, in my opinion, you are an Israeli, and would have the same problems that any immigrant would have. However, many immigrants come to the U.S. with family, as a support system, or have relatives already here, as a support system. Plus, many immigrants live in an ethnic enclave which allows them to become proficient, if ever, in English at their own rate. I would guess you would not have an easy time, unless you have some credentials that are needed in the U.S.. Americans might be more accepting of "strangers" than other nationalities; however, many individuals will remain somewhat, or very, "distant." Expect minimal friendships, if you are coming here as a non-student, in my opinion.

I don't wish you the best of luck, since I am not comfortable with those that do not find contentment in their home turf. Probably due to all those Hollywood western films where "drifters" were never the "good guys," except in Clint Eastwood films.

If you insist on coming to the U.S., you shouldn't think that because you are young and enthusiastic there will be all sorts of people that will be eager to help you on your life quest. Your optimism should be tempered by some realism, in my opinion.

Also, I assume you are Jewish by birth. The vast majority of Americans are from a Christian background, regardless of how religious, or non-religious they might be. That means that outside of the big cosmopolitan areas Chanukah might as well be a Hindu holiday, for all they know. There is not the old anti-Semitism of the 1930's usually; however, in my opinion, Jews are not an in-group to socialize with, unless one is in a student setting.

Basically, expect to be doing a lot of hard work to survive; either physically hard, mentally hard, emotionally hard. There are no "free lunches" anymore (the old free ham sandwiches, when one bought a beer for lunch at a saloon - circa 1910).

I am sorry you are "stuck" in your life in Israel. Perhaps, you have convinced yourself of your "stuckedness"? In a modern society like Israel, I question whether all options at "unstucking" have been explored completely?