I need to interview someone of a different culture

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 07:10 pm
@Stephy2012,
What is the purpose for these questions?
Stephy2012

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They are for a 5 page essay i have to write for intercultural communication. I have to find how someone else's culture from a different country is different than my own here in the U.S.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 08:37 pm
@Stephy2012,
I see that as a very good assignment, and congratulate your teacher/professor.

I'm very well traveled, and can provide comments/opinions about different cultures around the world. I have traveled to over 190 countries, and all five continents.

What I enjoy on my travels to foreign countries are being invited to a private home for snacks or a meal. Some of the travel companies I frequent provide us with those visitations, and we also visit schools in the countries we visit.

Don't spend too much time on it, but I have a travel blog at
www.travelpod.com/members/c.i.222 to provide you with an idea of where I have traveled to.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 09:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
To add to what Set said... There is a pretty sizable population of Haitians in Florida, or so I've been lead to believe. I've met french speakers from Vermont and New Hampshire too. Most of them, appeared to be a generation or two away from Quebec though.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 12:49 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
Different nations have different bread and I think we connect it with home, mother and security.
My local baker offers more than 16 different kinds of fresh baked bread ... plus 20 different kinds of rolls.
saab

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 01:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
German bread and Swedish bread still tast different and has a different consistent.
Ica Globen has 150 kinds of readypacked bread anything from.....
On top of that they bake every morning over 60 sorts of bread.
My store has less, but still plenty.
Vi har över 150 sorters färdigpackade brödsorter, allt från limpor och rostbröd till vört och lingonkrydda.

Till detta bakar vi varje morgon upp ett rejält utbud på över 60 sorter bröd.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 01:17 am
@saab,
Certainly you can get more breads here, too, packed and baked.
I was just referring to the small family bakers, not to big chain-bakeries ("factories").
And I think, too, that's enough of varieties - when I was young, bakers here didn't offer more than 10, 12 different kinds of breads and just six different kind of rolls.
0 Replies