An Ask-an-Expert Review and Award site.

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:44 am
SCoates wrote:
I don't see how you could come to that conclusion.

What you describe is called a "top site" script. It was the evolution of a "web ring" and I share your feelings about it )though much less stridently). The sites send traffic to get rated highly and there is no quality criteria and most sites just use scripted cheats to inflate their rankings.

What roverroad describes is far far different. And is comparable to a portal with editorial review and not a traffic scheme.

Basically, something like this: http://search.able2know.com/ with more of an emphasis on editorial review.

Do you not agree that it's a far cry from what you describe?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 03:10 am
I appreciate all of the suggestions. It was kind of an idea that I've been pondering for quite a while but never followed through. I figured the best place to get feedback to test out the idea would be on an Answer Board. I probably won't get very technical with it at first. I'm going to stick to basic HTML until I can get some personal cash flow going. Then I'll get a host where I can rus ASP or PHP. I like the search engine idea. A search engine that only caters to information sites would be a valuable resource.

In any case, thanks for the feedback and I think I'm going to go ahead and start this website. I've already picked out a name that I'm going to register.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 05:10 pm
Okay, I stand corrected. Humble apologies to all. I think I just had some pent up anger from the frustration caused by such sites.
0 Replies